Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blue angel

Biopsy Results

I had a biopsy done 5/6 weeks ago after my TTg blood test returning positive for celiac disease.

I have all symptoms except diarroeha ( in fact the opposite). All i get told when i call is no results yet. Has anyone had to wait this long for biopsy results?

I forgot to add that the initial result while i was in the recovery suite was Gastritis and oesophagitis and that i may need rescoping as they didn't retrieve as many samples as they needed. In the mean time i am in constant pain but can't take gluten out in case the rescope (if needed) gives a false result HELP!! :(

I would think by now you should be able to call them, they should have called by now. When I had my biop done they only took two and they cam back inconclusive. They never did the blood wrk?. But I had my results within 3wks or so. I hope you get some answers soon. sry I am not much help about the false neg stuff... I am still trying to figure that all out myself.

I would think by now you should be able to call them, they should have called by now. When I had my biop done they only took two and they cam back inconclusive. They never did the blood wrk?. But I had my results within 3wks or so. I hope you get some answers soon. sry I am not much help about the false neg stuff... I am still trying to figure that all out myself.

Thanks for your reply but can i just ask are you now diagnosed celiac disease. It's just that you said your biop came back inconclusive. What happened after that if you don't mind my asking?

After I had my endoscopy and colonoscopy, I had to make an appt. with my GI to get my results from the biopsies for 4-5 weeks later, so I guess it can take awhile. I know when I call the GI's office, you often get a recording and they tell you how unbelievably busy they are, and that they will attempt to return you call within 48 hours, and NOT to leave a duplicate message!! Nice and cozy isn't it? I called last Monday to book my appt to get my results, and had not heard back Thursday, so called and left a duplicate message (rebel I am!) and they called me back in minutes. I told them it was unacceptable and that they should hire more people to work in the office! Anyway, my scopes were done on Sept. 7th and I go for my results on October 18th, so quite a long time!!

i got my endoscopy done on Aug 23rd and have yet to hear my results -- i went in to ask for a copy of them b/c every time i called, they said -- they're in, the doctor just hasn't looked at them yet. when i went to get a copy, they refused. i think it is so inconsiderate how they treat people, busy or not -- good luck w/ your results. i, myself, decided to go gluten free regardless of the biopsy results -- one week through now, and boy, do i feel tons better! give it a try :)

Best luck to you!!

i got my endoscopy done on Aug 23rd and have yet to hear my results -- i went in to ask for a copy of them b/c every time i called, they said -- they're in, the doctor just hasn't looked at them yet. when i went to get a copy, they refused. i think it is so inconsiderate how they treat people, busy or not -- good luck w/ your results. i, myself, decided to go gluten free regardless of the biopsy results -- one week through now, and boy, do i feel tons better! give it a try :)

Best luck to you!!

Hi to all who replied. Just been to see my GP and he has gone mad. he says i should have heard something before now. He has advised me to go as gluten-free as i can,but can't yet give me perscriptions as they have to get the go ahead from the consultants.

He has asked me to make an appointment for next week and was personally chasing up while i spoke to the receptionist. He says they shouldn't have a right to rescope as they have left it for so long and left me getting more ill by the day. He was extremely concerned and also told me a positive ttga would not come back as positive if it was negative or would be highly unlikely. Problem i have now is finding what to eat :unsure: