Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amandadn

My 9 Month Old

We are going to see the doctor next week to talk about the chances she has celiac and get the blood test done. I took her off wheat because of her reactions, but she needs to have it in her system for the test. Does anyone know how long I need to give it to her for the test to be accorate?

Thanks

she is too young for the tests to be accurate---some young kids do not produce Ttg antibodies until they are older. that being said, it is still good to test if you suspect it. kids that young can react to alot of different foods----and alot of them will outgrow those intolerances.

Just test thru Enterolab.com & get the gene test - because they test for all the gluten problem genes not just DQ2 & DQ8

& a lot of kids do not outgrow those allergies or food problems - they just keep getting worse, at least mine did. & if it is a gluten problem that will never go away...

We are going to see the doctor next week to talk about the chances she has celiac and get the blood test done. I took her off wheat because of her reactions, but she needs to have it in her system for the test. Does anyone know how long I need to give it to her for the test to be accorate?

Thanks

I'm going in on Monday to discuss my 12 month old and chances of Celiac...what made you have your daughter tested? Do you or a family member have it? Just wondering...

I'm curious also...When my son(now22) was 5 days old, he stopped breathing. Thanks to my mom, who was a nurse, she did cpr on him, and got him breathing. It seemed forever til the ambulance came, I don't think he would have survived. The Dr claimed he was allergic. Growing up, he had projectile vomiting, never slept and had a chronic cough(up until this past June, from the time he was an infant)chronic ear infections, etc...Last year when he was away at college, he ran a fever of 104, got dehydrated, and we had to bring him to the hospital to be infused. This past July, after developing DH, I knew that he had celiacs, and he started a gluten free diet. For the first time in 22 years, he is not sick. That chronic cough that used to keep him up all night is GONE!!! He is now back at college, and when I talk to him, I feel like crying, but now its due to happiness. We are waiting for the dna results from enterolab, but I think we know the answer. Hopefully you and your baby will never have this happen. Janet

I'm curious also...When my son(now22) was 5 days old, he stopped breathing. Thanks to my mom, who was a nurse, she did cpr on him, and got him breathing. It seemed forever til the ambulance came, I don't think he would have survived. The Dr claimed he was allergic. Growing up, he had projectile vomiting, never slept and had a chronic cough(up until this past June, from the time he was an infant)chronic ear infections, etc...Last year when he was away at college, he ran a fever of 104, got dehydrated, and we had to bring him to the hospital to be infused. This past July, after developing DH, I knew that he had celiacs, and he started a gluten free diet. For the first time in 22 years, he is not sick. That chronic cough that used to keep him up all night is GONE!!! He is now back at college, and when I talk to him, I feel like crying, but now its due to happiness. We are waiting for the dna results from enterolab, but I think we know the answer. Hopefully you and your baby will never have this happen. Janet

Thank you all for your info...We went to the doctor today and her doctor wants the celiac panel test done. The only problem is that she is on a glyten free diet. I am pretty sure that she has to have it in her system for an accutate. So I am not sure what to do...anyone have any ideas?

I too think that the most accurate way to diagnose is through enterolab. Babies are not able to produce the antibodies needed for the blood test.(taken from the book"gluten free for dummies") My son suffered so much growing up, especially these past 4 years when he wasn't able to keep any food in stomach. I would just cut to the chase, and do the DNA testing, especially if she is now gluten free. My best wishes for your little girl...Janet