This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Energy Drinks And Toothpaste

MByrd

MByrd Newbie

Hello this is my first post, been reading but just signed on to chat. Was diagnosed about one year ago and still figuring the diet out. I was wondering if anyone knew about energy drinks, like red bull or rockstar. Also heard a rumor there could be gluten in toothpaste? Thanks for your help , Margaret :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

JennyC Enthusiast

I have no idea about the energy drinks. I do know that when I called Crest a couple months ago they said all their toothpastes are gluten free. Oral-B (they also make Zooth character toothpastes for kids) are not gluten free. They will not tell you any of their products are gluten free and my son was getting sick from their toothpaste.

angel-jd1 Community Regular

Redbull is gluten-free.

-Jessica

CanadianCrone Newbie

Met with Dietitian on 19th and one of the things I was told is that only Crest and Colgate are gluten-free.

• 1 month later...
rkleber81 Newbie

Rock star energy drinks are gluten and vegan free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Open Original Shared Link) drink up. It is the one thing I refuse to eliminate from my gluten-free diet.

Hello this is my first post, been reading but just signed on to chat. Was diagnosed about one year ago and still figuring the diet out. I was wondering if anyone knew about energy drinks, like red bull or rockstar. Also heard a rumor there could be gluten in toothpaste? Thanks for your help , Margaret :rolleyes:
  • 8 months later...
wockandwoll Newbie

I haven't had any reaction at all to Vitamin Energy, but Vitamin Water gives me a little grief. I would think it would be the other way around. Any insight on this?

• 5 months later...
linuxprincess Rookie
I haven't had any reaction at all to Vitamin Energy, but Vitamin Water gives me a little grief. I would think it would be the other way around. Any insight on this?

YES!!!!

I drank a bottle of XXX Vitamin water December 27th and I had a swollen itchy face and horrible stomach swelling and pain before I even finished the bottle. I checked the label and calcium lactate and magnesium lactate are listed on the ingredients.

Here's where it got interesting:

I emailed the company and asked them about the source for these chemicals - they are both derived from lactic acid - and they stated that their product was vegan and all but told me I was a kook for saying I had a reaction to their product. I do have severe reactions to milk and that was the same reaction I have when I eat cheese on accident. Lactic acid can be made from beets, but I highly doubt that their supplement came from beets if I had such a strong reaction to it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GFLisa Newbie

Met with Dietitian on 19th and one of the things I was told is that only Crest and Colgate are gluten-free.

Jason Natural's kids line of toothpastes are gluten-free, but I have not checked on their adult line yet.

• 2 years later...
Kim18 Newbie

Redbull is gluten-free.

-Jessica

Are you sure Redbull is gluten-free? My tummy gets really bloated - I think the caramel colouring has gluten in it - Kim.

Kim18 Newbie

Rock star energy drinks are gluten and vegan free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Open Original Shared Link) drink up. It is the one thing I refuse to eliminate from my gluten-free diet.

I don't think Rockstar is gluten-free - the caramel colouring causes me problems. As does Redbull and ginger ale - Kim.

sa1937 Community Regular

Kim, please be aware that you are responding to a 4-year old thread and the original posters are probably no longer active on the forum. Caramel color here in the U.S. should be safe.

Archived