Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Runner1978

Is This Just A Symptom?

My blood test showed positive for celiac. For the last 6 days, I've been gluten-free. I am training for a marathon and averaging 60-70 km/week + yoga and weight training (total of 10 hours of training/week). For months now, I've noticed what looks like blood in my stools. This doesn't happen all the time but these last few days (while being gluten-free) this is what I have noticed (dark spots in stool). Also, I've noticed blood on the toilet paper. Are these simply symptoms of celiac? Do I have reason to worry?

My blood test showed positive for celiac. For the last 6 days, I've been gluten-free. I am training for a marathon and averaging 60-70 km/week + yoga and weight training (total of 10 hours of training/week). For months now, I've noticed what looks like blood in my stools. This doesn't happen all the time but these last few days (while being gluten-free) this is what I have noticed (dark spots in stool). Also, I've noticed blood on the toilet paper. Are these simply symptoms of celiac? Do I have reason to worry?

There could be many reasons to pass blood in the stool. I would discuss this with you doctor. I don't think that it would have anything to do with going gluten free.