Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holdthegluten

Test Results Optimum Health Resource

I was diagnosed with celiac about 9 months ago. My TTG was 8.5 which was considered a weak positve, and my endoscopy biopsy showed villi blunting. My GI doctor said this is celiac disease and to start the gluten free diet. I have been very diligent with the diet and still dont feel great, so i decided to check for other food intolerances through York Labs/Optimum Health Resources. Here is the wrinkle. I did the 96 food allergy panel. The tests for Wheat Gluten, Wheat Gliadin, Rye, Barley, and Oats were all considered non Reactive. Wheat gluten was in between Nonreactive and Very Low reaction. Shouldnt i have been very Highly reactive to these grains. It makes me second guess my diagnosis. Can other intolerances cause villi blunting? I tested very high for Sugar Cane, Kidney Beans, and Bananas. I had a moderate reaction to all dairy, especially whey and Milk. I know these tests arent 100% accurate or even close to that, but i have suspected sugar as a problem and the test revealed it. Any help or advice? Should I make sure I have this disease through some other testing? What other tests should i have done and by what company. Thank you all. God Bless Everyone!

The ELISA test (food panel) looks for IgG reactions....celiac disease is an IgA reaction. You can be allergic (IgG) to wheat but not have celiac disease....and you can have celiac disease, but not be allergic to wheat. Allergy and intolerance are different things....apples and oranges. I'd think that the dairy or the sugar could make you feel badly. Are you going to try eliminating them?

Rho