Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Motorboater

Newbie With A Craving.......reese's Peanut Butter Cup

I've only been diagnosed 3 months via biopsy and I'm craving a Reese's Peanut Butter cup. I bought a package of the Halloween 6 pack pumpkins and nothing on the ingredient label jumped out at me not to eat........but I did see a phone # on the package (800-468-1714) and decided to call, they couldn't tell me that the cups were gluten free however they also couldn't tell me what ingredient was "bad" for celiac's. They advised me to contact the Celiac Assoc. which I thought was odd. Does anyone know what ingredient I need to stay away from? The ingredients are:

peanuts, sugar, dextrose, vegetable oil (cocoa butter:palm, shea,sunflower and or safflower oil), chocolate, nonfat milk, salt, whey (milk), partially hydrogenated vegtable oil (palm kernel and palm oil), corn syrup, soy lecithin, cornstarch, glycerin, tbhq (preservative), pgpr, emulsifier, vanillin, artificial flavor ........any help would be great!

Pam

Those ingredients look fine to me...I eat Reese's cups all the time.

You got a representative who was poorly trained, and didn't know what the correct answer was.

Wheat is required to be listed by law, and Hershey's (I believe) is good about not hiding any gluten.

I eat Reece's Peanut Butter Cups. They are gluten-free.

The area you have to be very careful (especially this time of year,Halloween), are the miniatures. Alot of miniatures of otherwise gluten-free chocolate bars quite often contain gluten. Don't ask me why, though....... <_<

I live on them everyday. They are my breakfast with my coffee. Never been sick from a RPBC! Gotta love them.

I've only been diagnosed 3 months via biopsy and I'm craving a Reese's Peanut Butter cup. I bought a package of the Halloween 6 pack pumpkins and nothing on the ingredient label jumped out at me not to eat........but I did see a phone # on the package (800-468-1714) and decided to call, they couldn't tell me that the cups were gluten free however they also couldn't tell me what ingredient was "bad" for celiac's. They advised me to contact the Celiac Assoc. which I thought was odd. Does anyone know what ingredient I need to stay away from? The ingredients are:

peanuts, sugar, dextrose, vegetable oil (cocoa butter:palm, shea,sunflower and or safflower oil), chocolate, nonfat milk, salt, whey (milk), partially hydrogenated vegtable oil (palm kernel and palm oil), corn syrup, soy lecithin, cornstarch, glycerin, tbhq (preservative), pgpr, emulsifier, vanillin, artificial flavor ........any help would be great!

Pam