Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pellkl

Can't Loose Weight

Hello everyone,

What a great resource. The information on this site is great although, a little overwhelming as I have just been newly diagnosed. My symptoms have been sporadic and gone undiagnosised for years. One thing I don't quiet understand is that instead of loosing a lot of weight I have trouble keeping my weight under control. Subsequently, I have always eaten very healthy and exercise quiet a bit and it has been a mystery to me that I loosing weight is so difficult. For what I eat and exercise I should not be having so much trouble. Anyone have any thoughts on this.

Regards,

kar

Have you been trying to lose weight, and the scale won't move? This can often signify low thyroid, and thyroid issues can be common with us celiacs.

Have you been trying to lose weight, and the scale won't move? This can often signify low thyroid, and thyroid issues can be common with us celiacs.

Yep, I have been on all kinds of diets and no diets just eating healthy. I typically weigh all my food to watch portion control. It seems the amount I eat doesn't matter it's when I have a day or two when I just eat what I want and then I can't seem to drop the couple of pounds I have gained over two days. I have gained 4 lbs on a weekend.

One, of the blood test I just got done was a thyroid test but all other annual thyroid test have come back normal.

So, we keep trying and we'll see

thanks for your imput

K