Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

newceliac

Question About Tummy Pain

This is kind of a weird question but I will ask anyway. It is even hard to explain.

Does anyone ever get a weird feeling in their stomach? It isn't a stomachache or nausea. It feels like my stomach hurts because it is hungry. I am not hungry.....well not too much. I can eat something and it still feels the same way. It seems like I am hungry for REAL food, not gluten free. My stomach doesn't seem to feel full after eating fruit, vegetables and some meat all the time. I have only been gluten free for about 3 weeks and I feel like I want something more solid in my stomach. Maybe my stomach and I want more solid food......I am craving pizza or a hamburger so bad.

Oh well, I hope that you can understand what I am trying to ask. :huh:

Increasing your protein (basically meat if you're dairy free) may help, but not always. It looks like you're doing the "whole foods" approach, which is generally the safest way to go while you're healing. But, sometimes you just need something else. I have made corn bread just using basic ingredients found at any grocery store and it does seem to fill the void. I usually do a "moist" style that uses a can of creamed corn, which makes it doughy as opposed to crumbly. I don't have the recipe here, but I'll try to post it tonight when I get home.

It will take time to get used to the new way of eating and you are doing a good thing by sticking to whole foods. Do make sure you are getting enough protein (I love bbq chicken, no sauce, just a little salt YUMM). Amy's gluten free cheese pizza is delicious and will fill your pizza craving. Make yourself a big juicy hamburger with your favorite fixins and wrap it in a piece of lettuce. You won't miss the bun.

This is kind of a weird question but I will ask anyway. It is even hard to explain.

Does anyone ever get a weird feeling in their stomach? It isn't a stomachache or nausea. It feels like my stomach hurts because it is hungry. I am not hungry.....well not too much. I can eat something and it still feels the same way. It seems like I am hungry for REAL food, not gluten free. My stomach doesn't seem to feel full after eating fruit, vegetables and some meat all the time. I have only been gluten free for about 3 weeks and I feel like I want something more solid in my stomach. Maybe my stomach and I want more solid food......I am craving pizza or a hamburger so bad.

Actually, that happened to me all my life until almost a year after going gluten-free. It doesn't help that I have the fastest metabolism ever heard of, but I personally think it has to do with vitamin deficiency. I used to just feel hungry no matter what, unless I ate McDonald's oddly enough. (before gluten-free) Since I started taking a B vitamin complex it's mostly gone away.

I've only been gluten free for about a month now and I miss a lot of foods too :( I bought gluten free bread and made some tuna salad, i have to toast the bread tho..it tastes nothing like regular bread..the tuna seems to fill me up more. You don't have to starve yourself, eat more often maybe? keep yourself filled. I've been snacking more on rice cakes, fruits, gluten free pretzels are good too, to munch on. I made pizza last night for myself, i used gluten-free rice pizza crust..wasn't that great LOL but maybe it's because i was watching my family munch on the real stuff. goodluck I know what you're going through.