Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

confused

Question For All My Smart Friends

What do you all think it means when you have an lung scope and all they tell you is your lungs look like hamburger and wont give you other info. I tried to do an search on google but im not coming up with anything. Any help would be appreciated

paula

Don't know but when I hear lung scope I think of COPD. My dad has it and is a smoker and they do lung scopes on patients with or suspected of having it.

I should add that non-smokers can get it too from inhaling other substances as well.

i was kinda thinking copd to, but not sure. Im just at lost right now, at first they said virnal menigitsis, then it turned to pnemonia, then they decided to do an scope cause he still has an fever, now they are saying this. I just dont see how any of these things go together, Plus with stomach problems 2 months ago. I know penomia and lungs looking like hamburger might go together, but not all 3. And he hasnt coughed during any of this. so that confuses me.

paula

They do scopes on anyone that they need more info on. If nothing specific shows up on xrays, cat scan, mri etc, they'll do a scope so they can look at the tissue and see if anything looks abnormal.

In addition to what Jestgar said, If it is something like COPD, they MAY be screening earlier than they used to, which is a very good thing(I don't know). I do know that there are alot more and more effective medications available than there were when my father started treatment for this years ago. But don't let that comment worry you. Wait until you have accurate info and then go from there.

finally got some answers, they did an biopsy for tb. he is very ill again and they are not sure what is all going on and dotn want to say til biopsy comes back. But at least tb does make sense to what is going on with him. So he is back in isolation.

thanks for all your replies and everyone keep praying for him

paula