Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aligray

Help! I Need A Meatloaf Recipe!

Hey there!

I am cooking meatloaf tomorrow night and i need a recipe!

Please feel free to post more than one. i would love to see different ones. :)

Thank u!!!

-Ali :)

Hello Ali,

Meatloaf can be anything you want it to be. For each pound of meat use 1 egg.(eg, 1 1/2 lbs use 2 eggs, etc) and then breadcrumb subsitute. Then add whatever you're in the mood for. Add onions, peppers, shaved carrots, or bbq sauce(which is what I like). Then form it into a loaf, and bake on 350 for about and hour. You can also coat the top of the loaf with tomato sauce for extra flavor. Don't forget the salt and pepper, all to your liking. I hope this helps you. Janet

Here's are meatloaf recipe:

2# ground round or ground sirloin

2 onions minced

4 cloves garlic minced

2 eggs , beaten

3/4 c. of v-8 juice or tomato juice

1 c. gluten-free bread crumbs ( I use Gillian's or Organ)

salt,pepper,parsley, a dash of basil

1/2c. celery diced

1/2 c. green pepper Diced.

grated carrot Optional.

Heinz ketsup to make a thick covering on the top. bake 375 for about an hour to 1 1/2 hours....

optional hints: you can make 1/2 meatloaf, lay in pan then add cheese then add rest of meat mixture on top , seal edges To make a stuffed meatloaf or you can do the same thing with bread stuffing....

Another option is pouring gluten-free mushroom soup over the top instead of ketsup......

enjoy

mamaw

Ali,

I just kind of throw mine together - very similar to what the first Janet wrote. I like to put ketchup mixed with brown sugar on top of mine. I also add a little milk when I'm mixing it all up.

I just made gluten-free meatloaf for the first time last week. Prior to my daughter's diagnosis, I used saltine crackers. This time, I used the holgrain crackers that we tried (a while back) and all hated. It worked out fine - I made sure to add extra salt to compensate for the fact that my crackers were not salted. So, if you've got something that didn't work out that doesn't have a strong flavor to it, feel free to food process it to a fine crumb and use it in the meatloaf. Next time, I'll be using the plain puffed rice cereal that nobody liked :lol: .

Here's my family's favorite one.

Sweet and Sour Meatloaf

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef

1 c. bread crumbs(I use the corn chex style cereal from Health Valley and process in the food processor-cheaper than other crumbs)

1 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

2 eggs

1 tsp. instant minced onion(I use fresh and larger amount)

1 can(15 oz.) tomato sauce, divided

Sauce:

reserved tomato sauce

2 Tb. brown sugar

2 Tb. vinegar

1/2 c. sugar(I sometimes use less)

2 tsp. prepared mustard(I sometimes use less or omit)

Mix together loaf ingredients. using half the tomato sauce. Put in a loaf pan or glass pie plate if you like browned edges like me. Bake at 350 for 50 min. In saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil. Pour over meatloaf and bake 10 min. more.

Use your favorite recipe from your gluten days, and for the bread crumbs substitute an equal amount (or slightly less) of:

1) mashed potato flakes

or

2) crushed chips (we like Dorito's Cool Ranch)

or

3) cooked rice

For future meatloaves, save gluten-free breads that you didn't like. Crumble the remains into ziploc freezer bags, and use for meatloaf and/or crusts for pies, cookie bars, etc. Or you can mix the frozen crumbs with shredded cheese and melted butter and use as topping for casseroles!

If your favorite meatloaf recipe called for oatmeal, you can use quinoa flakes instead.