Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

missnbagels

Craving A Granola Bar Badly!

I am new to this Celiac life and i find it frusterating. I was able to eat the others foods before i was diagnosed so i compare gluten free foods to not gluten free. i am really craving a good granola bar but can't find a recipe any where. Any suggestions?

The best one that I have enjoyed is "KIND" Fruit and Nut Bar, which is Australian. It's really good and all natural, gluten free, wheat free, dairy free.

I was also missing granola bars. I recently found a new product at Sams Club, haven't seen it in regular stores. It's Nature's Valley Roasted Nut Crunch. I love them!

I was also missing granola bars. I recently found a new product at Sams Club, haven't seen it in regular stores. It's Nature's Valley Roasted Nut Crunch. I love them!

Nature's Valley? It has no oats in it? Wow!

I like the Kind bars too, the apricot one has crispy rice in it and it's like a real granola bar! The one with dates in it doesn't say gluten-free on it, so I haven't tried it.

I had previously posted the ingredients when I first purchased them. I went back and found the post, so here are the ingredients:

They are called Nature Valley Roasted Nut Crunch, the ingredients are as follows:

Peanuts, sunflower seeds, sugar, corn syrup, salt, and almond flour.

They're new and kind of expensive, so I haven't been able to try them yet, but have been drooling over pictures of the new Glutino "granola" bars. They sell them at gluten free.com.

If anyone tries them, let me know if they're as good as they look!

Okay, so I'm having trouble making the link work, but if you do a search for "glutino organic bars" it should come up...these are newer than the apple, cranberry, chocolate kinds that were more of a "Nutrigrain" bar. The chocolate and peanut one looks amazing!

The envirokids rice crisp bars are pretty good, but taste more like a rice crispy bar more than a granola bar.

They're new and kind of expensive, so I haven't been able to try them yet, but have been drooling over pictures of the new Glutino "granola" bars: <a href="http://www.gluten free.com/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=101022" target="external nofollow">order them online here</a>. If anyone tries them, let me know if they're as good as they look!

I bought these before at the health store and Wegmans carries them, I liked them. The apple was very tasty.