Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Linda56

Some Testing Results

My doctor did blood test on me for Celiacs. It was the one that has to do with the antibodies. Its the test with the Tg and so on. That test was negative. I went ahead and ordered the genetic test from Entrolab. I got it today. I am not sure it was necessary to order but did anyway. If the genetic test comes back negative I assume I can finally stop wondering if Celiacs is my problem. Is this correct in my thinking? I appreciate thoughts on this.

Linda

Nearly everyone diagnosed with "celiac" will have one or two "celiac genes." However, some get it without the genes.

Also, you can have a problem every bit as severe from non-celiac gluten sensitivity and not have the genes, too.

So a negative result for "celiac genes" will just tell you that you probably don't have classic celiac. It won't tell you if you have a problem with gluten or not.

You should consider doing the other Enterolab testing or a dietary test to figure that out.

Hi Hathor,

I am thinking I will continue to do some of the other test with entro lab. I am thinking I want to find out to if maybe I have problem with yeast. Thanks for letting me know what else might be going on.

Linda

Your dr. can also order the gene test, which if you have insurance, may be cheaper than paying out of pocket for the gene test through enterolab.

The majority 95%+ of Celiacs have one of the two genes, but there are biopsy proven Celiacs without the gene....we have a few on this board.

Keep in mind that you may not have "true" Celiac, but a non-Celiac gluten intolerance...meaning you still have a problem with gluten.

I went ahead and paid for the test. I have trouble with my doctor doing all I want. I hate to spend the money but figure if it gives me some peace of mind its worth it.

I guess I can't consider it all over with after all. I have an appt to see a gastro doctor and will talk to him about everything maybe he will do the right thing.

Linda