This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Green Guy Emoticon

Darn210

Darn210 Enthusiast

Does anyone know the shortcut for the green guy emoticon that you can select when you post? I would like to be able to include him in the body of my posts. He doesn't show up in the "Show All".

Thanks for you help.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cruelshoes Enthusiast
Does anyone know the shortcut for the green guy emoticon that you can select when you post? I would like to be able to include him in the body of my posts. He doesn't show up in the "Show All".

Thanks for you help.

Unless it gets added to the list of emoticons "show all", I don't think you will be able to. I right-clicked on the green guy, and got the following code: http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/style_image...icons/icon8.gif

So all the emoticons are really .gifs that the board substitutes for a series of keystrokes (ie :lol: is really : lol: - the board has logic to translate it).

I was told in Open Original Shared Link that adding images to posts has been disabled. So unless the admin adds the green guy to the list, I don't think you will be able to use it like you want to. Maybe the moderators could add it to the list, too.

• 3 weeks later...
Darn210 Enthusiast

This post is to Scott . . .

I was wondering, since you've already got a .gif available for the green guy emoticon, if you would be willing to add a shortcut for him so that we could use him in our posts?

If you notice in my signature, I have a 6 and an 8 year-old . . . I KNOW how to beg!!

Pleeeeaaaaasssse??!!??

Pretty Pleeeaaaasssseee??!!??

Awwwww, C'mon.

If you do this, I promise I won't ever ask for anything else. EVER!!!

I'll feed the dog for a week and you won't even have to ask me!

All the other board administrators are getting their board members green guy emoticons!!

If you really loved us, you would do it!

Are we there, yet?

How much longer?

:lol::lol:

Ridgewalker Contributor
All the other board administrators are getting their board members green guy emoticons!!

:lol:

It would be cool to be able to use the green guy in the message body!

elye Community Regular

...Or, you could just use my avatar in the body of posts. He's an even BETTER green guy... :rolleyes::lol:

TriticusToxicum Explorer
It would be cool to be able to use the green guy in the message body!

I second the motion! :)

jerseyangel Proficient

I third it! I think he'd be so useful for a lot of us :D

None of the other little guys quite capture that feeling of nausea a lot of us know so well ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Green12 Enthusiast
None of the other little guys quite capture that feeling of nausea a lot of us know so well ;)

So true Patti!

If the little green guy was made available to use in the body of our posts I would use him! He would not go to waste!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

:lol: :lol:

True!

In fact, the green face would probably be SO overused that it might crash the emoticon feature.

:o:lol:

elye Community Regular

Yeah, my av doesn't quite cut it nausea-wise. That little green face is just so....perfect! Cheeks puffed out, eyes wide in alarm...Ya gotta give him to us, Scott!

tom Contributor

Noooooooooo KIDDIN!!

It's not like we want a NEW little green guy - just that existing one. :)

:nausea:

:clearapathtothebathroom!:

elye Community Regular
:nausea:

:clearapathtothebathroom!:

Ya got that right. Perhaps Scott should also consider creating a little emoticon of a toilet seat.

I'll go now...don't wanna turn this into another ridiculous Silly thread.

Darn210 Enthusiast

How about it Scott???

You'll help us reduce our risk of carpal-tunnel . . . now everytime we would like to use the emoticon, we have to type "insert green guy emoticon here". Seriously :huh: , those keystrokes rack up over time.

• 1 year later...
Darn210 Enthusiast

Hey Scott . . . It's been almost two years!!! Given any thought to adding the green guy emoticon to the list of emoticons available for use in the middle of a post??

We are talking about some really nasty stuff (blood pudding, pig's head salami, fried blood) on another thread. People are gagging and hurling right and left. The green guy emoticon would be so helpful at moments like this.

Lisa Mentor
Hey Scott . . . It's been almost two years!!! Given any thought to adding the green guy emoticon to the list of emoticons available for use in the middle of a post??

We are talking about some really nasty stuff (blood pudding, pig's head salami, fried blood) on another thread. People are gagging and hurling right and left. The green guy emoticon would be so helpful at moments like this.

OMG!!! :lol::lol::lol:

• 3 months later...
Korwyn Explorer

Ok, I have to say that I was reading this thread thinking, wow, when would I ever use the little green guy. They I got to the quoted post, read it, and found that yes, I too could have used the little green guy! :lol:

G-freegal12 Contributor

He would be so cool! Not only is he about to hurl, but he is sooo cute!

Plllllease can we haaaaavvvveee him?!?!?

psawyer Proficient

It is possible to have him, icon8.gif you just have to know the secret!

[img=https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/style_images/decorus/folder_post_icons/icon8.gif]

Jestgar Rising Star

icon8.gif

icon8.gificon8.gif

:lol::P:lol:

;):) :) ;)

Darn210 Enthusiast
It is possible to have him, icon8.gif you just have to know the secret!

[img=https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/style_images/decorus/folder_post_icons/icon8.gif]

I just have to say that when I started this thread over two years ago, we didn't have the option that Peter is demonstrating (for which we are thankful 'cause I get to add cute little pics in my signature). However, it would be easier if the green guy was in our emoticon pool. :P

psawyer Proficient

The ability to post images is indeed new since Janet started this topic.

Archived