Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gentleheart

Airport Xray Machines

I will be taking a trip that involves flying. I take digestive enzymes every time I eat. Do airport Xray machines destroy the enzymes in those supplements? How about in probiotics? I take those too. Are the Xray machines for the take-on stuff milder than the ones for regular luggage?

I haven't flown for a year. Last time I tried taking an entire suitcase full of my food. By the time I got to my destination, much of the food in it was smashed and crumbly from the obvious intense searching that had occurred. Is there a proper way to pack that food so they won't think it's something weird or dangerous? Do explanation letters from health professionals help any?

Thanks.

Don't have any answers or advice but I got back from a trip a few weeks ago and my suitcase was the one they picked to search and swabbed down most of the stuff in it because it had alot of food in it. I told her I had an allergy and she proceeded to tell me what kind of allergy, she told me I was probably allergic to all the chemicals in food! Coming home ours were searched too because they thought we had alot of luggage for our short stay, or so they said.