This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Does Anyone Here Watch Ghost Hunters On Sci-fi Channel?

Ridgewalker

Ridgewalker Contributor

I have been watching Ghost Hunters for a couple years now, it's one of my favorite shows... but tonight's episode really just scared the living crap out of me!!!

I hope somebody out there watches this show, or nobody's going to understand what I'm talking about.

I don't get scared by much, I love horror movies, love Stephen King novels, etc... But when TAPS does those EVPs, it ALWAYS scares me. Tonight's segment on that Lullaby store had the creepiest EVPs I've ever heard, and now I keep feeling like something's watching me, and I keep seeing things out of the corner of my eye, and just a big case of the heebie jeebies!!!

Ok, for everyone who doesn't watch the show, it's about this group of people that go and investigate alleged hauntings. They're very skeptical and try to debunk incidents whenever they can, but they also have open minds. So one thing they do is walk around with tape recorders trying to get ghosts to talk to them. When they don't ear anything at the time, but something shows up later on the tape, it's called an EVP. I think it stands for Electronic Voice Phenomena.

Let me tell you, they always terrify me, without fail.

Imagine a recording of a little girl's voice saying, "Come find me! Tee hee hee!" when there was no little girl in the room? Freaking creepy.

Anyhoo... now you can laugh.

-Sarah

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

John watches it and I actually was watching the first part since they did the Winchester Mystery House. I would love to visit that place. I know John continued to watch the Lullaby store one and he said it was good.

modiddly16 Enthusiast

usually that show makes me laugh because I can't hear anything that they are freaking out about...like it just sounds like a thud that I felt one of them made or something, but I have seen episodes that scare me and make me turn all the lights on...of course I always watch them before I go to bed, smart thinking there!!! I kinda wish I had seen this episode...that kinda stuff amazes me!

gdobson Explorer

I saw the one where they checked out a castle in Scottland. And that freaked me out! I would watch it more, but we don't get that channel in clearly. My dad recorded some freaky sounds in our old house where stuff used to happen. He left the recorder on when no one was home. You could hear all sorts of things (so they said). I refused to listen. Too scared. :huh:

dlp252 Apprentice

I watch it, lol. Haven't seen the episode from last night because I go to bed early for work purposes, but I've got it recorded and will watch it later. I generally don't get freaked out about it though...I feel pretty well protected against stuff like that. :P

harrishart Newbie

I'm not laughin - I am TOTALLY addicted to this show! I'm so glad I'm not alone LOL. Last night's episode FREAKED ME OUT!!!!

Besides, I think Jason is kind of a hottie ;)

Ridgewalker Contributor
I'm not laughin - I am TOTALLY addicted to this show! I'm so glad I'm not alone LOL. Last night's episode FREAKED ME OUT!!!!

Besides, I think Jason is kind of a hottie ;)

Really??? I love them both, but I think Grant is the hottie! :lol:

-Sarah

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mommida Enthusiast

I didn't get a chance to watch the show last night. (I won't watch the show if there is any chance my kid's are around to see or hear any of it.)

But I have a even creepier story for you....

My son is 8. He tries everything under the sun and more to stay up at night.

He kept coming out of his room talking about lights. Had to double check all basement lights were off, talk about lightning bugs, search for any type of light source for some of his complaints. Then I asked more questions about the lights he was seeing, he described the light orb things you would see on that show. Large round golden light shape that moved back and forth in his room and hovered next to his bed. Then he told me about when his grandfather passed away from cancer. Described the room, who was there, and the dark winged angel over the bed. (more accurately than my memory - because I had to check with my husband for some of the facts my son had right)

My son was only 5 maybe 6 months old at the time my father-in-law passed away.

(It was Grandparent's day at school)

tom Contributor
. . . .since they did the Winchester Mystery House. I would love to visit that place.

Well that figures. I'd like to tour the Hershey plant but I'm stuck living here, just down the road from the Winchester Mystery House!! :D

darlindeb25 Collaborator

Mommida:

My son was only 5 maybe 6 months old at the time my father-in-law passed away.

(It was Grandparent's day at school)

This is something that many will tell you happens often, children hear and sense things that we adults ignore. Children are innocent and they are able to believe things that we feel we shouldn't, so they don't block these things when they happen, just because they think they should--did that make sense? Honestly, I feel grandpa came to your son on grandparent's day and told him this story.

My oldest son used to tell my mom stories. He would say, "When I was your grandpa, we would....." and they would be very elaborate stories of something a grandpa and a child would do and Jeremy was only 4 or 5 at the time. Sylvia Browne says we all have been here before and sometimes we come back to the same family, having been here as a grandparent or someone before and as children, we have those memories--I do believe she is correct.

My grandson Scott told his mom one day that his dad was in an accident. My son and his wife are divorced so she called Mike and asked if he was in an accident and was he ok. Mike told her no, but--the next day, he was in a fender bender. Scottie had a premonition, he knew about the accident before it happened. Scott has always had very graphic dreams and such, I think he is very spiritual and one day will realize this, but for now, he is 9 and needs to grow into this.

Listen to your son and please, do not ever tell him he's wrong or that he shouldn't tell stories. Do not make him feel like there's something wrong, encourage him to tell you, yet try not to make a big deal of what he says--you know, keep it normal. :) He's a very special kid. Well, they all are. My daughter taught me to see orbs--I am very spiritual, yet until she told me about orbs, I never saw them, now I see them all the time. You have to believe!

Well that figures. I'd like to tour the Hershey plant but I'm stuck living here, just down the road from the Winchester Mystery House!! :D

Small world huh :) The Hershey Plant tour is not the same as it was many years ago when they used to go to the actual factory. Now it is a ride you sit in a car and it takes you through a "factory" and shows you the process. It is still neat and it is open year round and does not cost any money. You still get chocolate at the end of the tour....usually a Hershey's mini.

Have you been to the mystery house?

Ridgewalker Contributor
My oldest son used to tell my mom stories. He would say, "When I was your grandpa, we would....." and they would be very elaborate stories of something a grandpa and a child would do and Jeremy was only 4 or 5 at the time. Sylvia Browne says we all have been here before and sometimes we come back to the same family, having been here as a grandparent or someone before and as children, we have those memories--I do believe she is correct.

I believe this too. I think of this as the Soul Group theory. I've never read Sylvia Browne, though I've heard of her. A couple of my aunts love her stuff.

Small world huh :) The Hershey Plant tour is not the same as it was many years ago when they used to go to the actual factory. Now it is a ride you sit in a car and it takes you through a "factory" and shows you the process. It is still neat and it is open year round and does not cost any money. You still get chocolate at the end of the tour....usually a Hershey's mini.

We went on the Hershey tour a few years ago, when we visited family in Harrisburg. It was fun, but I really want to go again, now that the kids are a little older. It... smells... so... GOOD there! :lol:

-Sarah

I laugh when people say it smells so good. At times it smells nice but on the other side of Hershey there is a sewage plant and so if the wind blows the other way.....it is a very retched smell. Hershey is a good place to raise a family though.

I am in Harrisburg though. Suburbs of Harrisburg, not city.

Hershey is a lot of fun and now they have a water park. It was brand new this season.

dlp252 Apprentice

I also live just down the street from the Winchester Mystery House....freaky looking place, but didn't feel especially weird walking through it, lol.

TriticusToxicum Explorer

I can never watch an entire episode for the same reason...heebie-jeebies.

Rent the movie "Open Original Shared Link" sometime. :o

Archived