Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jerseygrl

Eureka! I Found The Perfect Bread Mix!

I cannot believe it! FINALLY! I have found the P E R F E C T bread mix, and I have tried them ALL

in my Zolurichi X20 machine. The miracle mix is --

*****Authentic Foods "All Purpose Bread Mix"******

I absolutely cannot tell the difference between this bread and regular bread. My girls are flipping out

over this! They think I've made a mistake and am serving them the wrong bread---it is THAT good.

I had tried their Cinnamon Bread 3 months ago and it is also wonderful! Then our local health food shop got

this "All Purpose Bread Mix" in and I had to try it. I used Rice Dream milk in the mix instead of

reg. milk.

Here is a link:

https://www.celiac.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5

I can't wait to try the pizza recipe! It actually has a rise time and you ROLL is out! Go figure.

I cannot believe it! FINALLY! I have found the P E R F E C T bread mix, and I have tried them ALL

in my Zolurichi X20 machine. The miracle mix is --

*****Authentic Foods "All Purpose Bread Mix"******

I absolutely cannot tell the difference between this bread and regular bread. My girls are flipping out

over this! They think I've made a mistake and am serving them the wrong bread---it is THAT good.

I had tried their Cinnamon Bread 3 months ago and it is also wonderful! Then our local health food shop got

this "All Purpose Bread Mix" in and I had to try it. I used Rice Dream milk in the mix instead of

reg. milk.

Here is a link:

https://www.celiac.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5

I can't wait to try the pizza recipe! It actually has a rise time and you ROLL is out! Go figure.

Hi 'jerseygrl',

I don't mean to put a damper on your state of 'Eurphoria' about the bread !,

but something caught my eye, you use Rice Dream Milk, here in Ireland anyway

Rice Dream Milk contains 'Barley Malt Protien' and is considered unsuitable for Coeliacs.

If it is the same on your side, you could use Darifree (derived from potato) and

re-constittute it with water.

Best Regards,

David

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your concern. I immediately checked the box and it says Gluten Free.

Kinda scared me for a second there ;) No barley in this version.

It says gluten free, but... They actually do use barley to remove the outside of the rice. The older cartons say it is not gluten free. The only way they can get away with claiming it is gluten free now is that there is such a small percentage of gluten left in the milk, they do not need to claim it. This subject has been brought up repeatedly here on this very board. I wouldn't use it. There are other rice milks out there that I know are gluten free.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your concern. I immediately checked the box and it says Gluten Free.

Kinda scared me for a second there ;) No barley in this version.

Rice Dream changed their label, not their formula. They use barley in the processing. According to them, Rice Dream contains less than 200 ppm gluten, so they are legally allowed to call it, "gluten-free," but it isn't. Many here have reacted to it, and contacted them, which is how we found out that it really does contain gluten.

:angry:

Rice Dream changed their label, not their formula. They use barley in the processing. According to them, Rice Dream contains less than 200 ppm gluten, so they are legally allowed to call it, "gluten-free," but it isn't. Many here have reacted to it, and contacted them, which is how we found out that it really does contain gluten.

:angry:

Yep--I called them about 2 weeks ago when this very topic came up again. I had heard this, but wanted to check for myself before posting the information.

The woman I spoke to told me that the formula has not changed--just the packaging. She said that testing of the product showed that the levels of gluten were low enough to be labeled "gluten-free". It is still processed with barley.

Pacific Foods of Oregon has a Rice beverage that is "Lacose Free/Cholesterol Free/Gluten Free" that I switched to after discovering Rice Dream's errant labeling problem.

I'm pretty happy with it, and I'm excited to try this bread mix! Thanks so much for the heads-up!