Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lonewolf

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Hope no one from the weight loss thread sees this. :ph34r:

My daughter and I were in the mood for a treat tonight and decided to make pineapple upsidedown cake. It turned out so good that I HAD to share how we did it.

Start with an 8 x 12 glass cake pan and put 3 Tbs. of butter in, then put it in the oven while it's preheating to 350. When the butter is melted and bubbly, take it out of the oven and sprinkle 1/3 C brown sugar in the bottom of the pan. Arrange a whole can of chunk pineapple (well-drained) on top of the butter/brown sugar.

Mix up the Gluten-Free Pantry Cake and Cookie Mix according to the directions for cake, but put in an extra 1/4 C milk. (You'll need eggs, oil and milk - we used rice milk.) Pour the cake batter over the pineapple. Bake at 350 for 28-30 minutes.

Let cool for 5 minutes and then invert onto a cooling rack. Try to let it cool a bit more before eating so it doesn't burn your tongue.

Liz,

Talk about great minds.....I do the same thing! The only thing I do different is I use the pineapple juice from the can for the liquid called for in the recipe.

Glad you enjoyed it--and don't worry about the calories :D

Yum! and so easy. My husband brought home a white cake mix(I usually buy choc.) and I've been trying to decide what to do with it because I'm not crazy about frosting. I may try it in cupcake form or maybe this will be what I take to church tomorrow.. Now you've got me thinking!

Liz,

Talk about great minds.....I do the same thing! The only thing I do different is I use the pineapple juice from the can for the liquid called for in the recipe.

Ooh, that sounds good. Next time we'll have to try that. The cake is long gone now, the boys finished it for breakfast :huh: .

i wish i would have seen this earlier. I had a sweet tooth today to and we made peach cobbler with the cake mix, Which came out awesome also, but i am going to try this very very soon lol

paula