Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mmshutt

Endocopy For Celiac On Tuesday

I have a question that I need help with and don't know if my doctor or his nurse can answer it.

I think the people of this "community" have more knowledge.

I have been on the Celiac diet since 8/16/07. I am to have a 2nd biopsy of my small intestine on Tuesday to see if the diet has "worked' to know for sure that I do indeed have Celiac. My problem is that yesterday, i got a little flavor packet to add to my water and noticed it has maltodextrin in it. Something I recognized as a no no. I have been using these packet almost daily for 3 weeks. Is this going to screw up the validity of the biopsy I am having in 3 days???????? It was too late to call my doctor and I don't know if he would know anyway. Should the test be rescheduled??

When I first started the diet, I kept making mistakes out of ignorance. I feel like I have gotten pretty good at staying gluten free, but I am afraid this is could be a big deal. Does anyone have any suggestions or know if this will affect my test????

Thank you to all 3 of you for your help. I didn't know maltodextrin wasn't wheat in the US. It is just on my "forbidden" list given to me by my doctor. I will call the manufacturer to be positive that it is okay to have. Thanks!

Thank you to all 3 of you for your help. I didn't know maltodextrin wasn't wheat in the US. It is just on my "forbidden" list given to me by my doctor. I will call the manufacturer to be positive that it is okay to have. Thanks!

don't know, you may have read but, I really liked shelly Case's book the gluten-free diet for outline of the diet. It's up to date and I carry it around with my to know whats safe and not. She explained Maltodextrin