Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amylynn12

Gluten Free Diet And Pregnancy Weight Gain?

Hello!

I am new to the board and also fairly new to a Gluten-Free diet. I am 13 weeks pregnant and have been following a Gluten-Free diet. This will be our 7th pregnancy and I have had HUGE weight gains with all our other pregnancies. I have noticed that this pregnancy, I have only gained 2 pounds.

Usually, by now, I am in maternity clothes and fairly large. I was wondering if anyone else had trouble gaining weight in pregnancy while following a Gluten-Free diet? The Baby seems to be doing alright. Maybe it was just me that was growing fast all the other times. :huh:

Blessings!

Amy in Oregon

Gaining way more weight than normal is a symptom of celiac disease. At only 13 weeks pregnant, you should barely be showing, and have hardly gained any weight yet. This pregnancy sounds like your first normal one to me!

I always gained a tremendous amount of weight. I would leave the doctor's office in tears after every appointment while pregnant, because I was being told I ate too much and gained too much weight as a result. In fact, I didn't eat too much, and even when I hardly ate a thing, I gained a lot. It was very upsetting.

I am sure you and the baby are doing fine. Just don't worry about weight gain, make sure you eat well and enough, get enough saturated fat (cold-pressed, non-hydrogenated coconut oil is the best, healthiest fat out there), folic acid, vitamin D, B vitamins, iron, vitamin C and all the other good stuff, and you should be growing a healthy baby.