This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Really Good Pizza : )

leapingllama05

leapingllama05 Newbie

Today I made a pizza, with a rice crust. You take the frozen crust, preheat the over to 500 and cook the crust for 5 minutes. Top the crust with Hy-Vee brand pizza sauce, soy cheese (I used cheddar and monzerella), and then all the vegetables you want (squash, zuchinni, tomatos & mushrooms are delicious) Then cook @ 375 for 13 minutes. It's awesome, and so healthy too! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest imsohungry

Sounds yummy to me! (I'm craving pizza today...this is the second pizza thread that I've replied to)! :P

cynicaltomorrow Contributor

I'm pretty sure you're talking about the same pizza crust I've used. I don't find it exceptional in any way. I think the soy cheese made it worse. I just eat cheeseless pizza.

Deby Apprentice

can you eat cream cheese? If so, try that as a substitute for the mozerella cheese.

Monica

Guest jhmom

I have tried 2 different Rice crust pizza's and my daughter and I did not like them.

So we use our gluten-free Kinninnick's bread (sandwich bread or the english muffins) and:

Preheat the oven on 450

Spread Prego traditional sauce, top with cheese, or your favorite toppings

Cook for 10 minutes.

We love them :D

Deby Apprentice

I tried a rice crust pizza and it made my boys cry.

Monica

Guest imsohungry

Oh, no...you guys...I just ordered a 3-pack of Ener-G rice crust pizzas to try. Oh well, I'm gonna give it a shot since I've paid for them (they should be here this week) :rolleyes: I'll let ya know! -Julie B)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Deby Apprentice

I posted a pizza crust recipe in Easy Pizza. It's the last post on that thread. If you want to try one from scratch, this one is not to difficult.

As for the rice crust you ordered, can you refuse it and mail it back? lol

tarnalberry Community Regular

I think, in the same way that, cereals are a personal taste thing, pizza crusts are too. I really enjoy Nature's Highlights rice pizza crust, but I know not everyone does. It's annoying, sometimes, that it takes a couple of hit-and-miss tries, to find something good.

jenni Newbie

I like Carol Fensters pizza in her new book. I CRAVE normal pizza.

dbuhl79 Contributor

I realize not all of you live near a Whole Foods with distributing their new baked goods. However, if you do, they have a great gluten-free Pizza Crust, tastes wonderful! Better than anything I've made from scratch on my own. I'd give that one a whirl!

klm Newbie

I've tried the rice crust and agree that it wasn't what I was expecting. We use the recipe from the back of one of Bob's red mill flour mixes (I think it is the garbonzo/flour one) and bake it on a pizza stone and it comes out like a new york style crust. I just tend to add a bit too much sauce sometimes :(

It usually only takes 5 min. to mix it all up 10 min to bake the crust and 10 min to bake the toppings on it. So it's not as fast as some - but even my 7 year old likes it. Fresh pineapple on it was also a hit.

Guest imsohungry

Hey, you guys...I tried my Ener-G "new and improved" gluten-free pizza crust tonight. It was sooo good! (and crispy). I was really surprised...it tasted just like pizza! ;) Anyway, I'm in a good mood...who imagined I would ever get so excited over pizza??? :P -Julie

cdobbs Rookie

my kids have a fit over the rice crust i bought. it is sooo gross. but we gotta eat it all before we try any new stuff. has anyone tried the pizza crust mix that the gfmall sells? my mom gave me a bag of hers to try. ust curious

christi

Melanie Rookie

I was thinking about getting Bob's red mill garbanzo bean flour to make pizza crust. I love chick peas and it sounds tasty as a pizza crust (although I know it won't taste exactly like chick peas). But what is New York pizza crust like?

I have almost all the ingredients to make pizza crust soon. Hopefully it will be good. I think I will try one on a corn tortilla tonight.

I really like the rice crust on Amy's pizza, but it is too expensive for all of my pizza cravings.

pixiegirl Enthusiast

Well I've only been gluten-free for about 2 months and I love pizza so last night I tried to make the crust with the Gluten Free Pantry mix, it was awful, I threw it out. It was like a big sponge with pizza stuff on it. Totally Gross, I'll try some of the other options but I actually got more of a "fix" when I used corn tortilla's and made pizza quesdilla.

Susan

dreamhouses Newbie

AMY'S FROZEN gluten-free PIZZA definitely is okay by me. I love the taste, just open the box and put it on the oven rack for a few minutes with some extra mozzarella. Really convenient and good. Its not the real thing, but its a nice item in and of itself. The AMY's frozen gluten-free macaroni and cheese, my family agrees, is even better than the standard frozen mac and cheeses, we really love it. Valerie

pixiegirl Enthusiast

Hmmm I'll have to try Amy's I like their other products. I was in Whole Foods Market yesterday and they didn't have Amy's crusts... they had finished pizza by Amy but it was gluten-free. I'll have to keep looking... do you order it or buy it in your local store?

Susan

klm Newbie

The Bob's Red Mill garbonzo/fava bean flour pizza crust turns out like a thin crust pizza on a pizza stone. It's very good and definitely has the chick pea taste before baking but has a really good taste after baking (not so chick pea). Once you get used to making it, it goes fast to make the crust. My mom found that using Olive oil on your hands to pat the dough smooth works better than more flour as the dough is sticky. However this tends to make the crust appear more brown. My son likes helping mix the ingredients as well - he's learning great math this way!

I'll have to try Amy's too if I can find it but the above crust is a nice change from rice and corn.

flagbabyds Collaborator

I know that most of you don't live in the bay area, calif, but if you do Global Blends in Mountain View sells I can eat that bakery products, they are gluten-free breads and pizza and the Pizzza crust is really really really good@!!!!@~!~@!~!

stef-the-kicking-cuty Enthusiast

Hm, the pizza crust made from the garbanzo flour is really yummy. That stupid taste bakes out completely and once the pizza is done it's so good. Makes me want to eat one every day. :D

Archived