Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

deetee

Getting Better, How Long?

i was just recently 'rediagnosed' with celiac- long story. my question is i had a colonscopy and upper endoscopy done which verified the diagnosis. i immediatley started the gluten free diet. the first 7-10 days i was amazed that i was having normal bowel movements right away. however after that time my bowel movements became abnormal again like pre diet. am i somehow getting gluten that i am not aware of or does it just take more time till i see a difference.

if you have only been on two weeks you got a long way to go. the intial amazing recovery is due to the fact your body is used to a process. and since you are not damaging it anymore, at first it can be quite relieving for the intestines. but there is severe damage that needs immense reparations. your intestines were probably moving more regularly at first; now, more clear, there are wounds so to speak. you gotta remember you more than likely have no villi. it's propbably pretty smooth in there

I am close to 2 months gluten-free and I am noticing a difference. My body seems to be healing, I had constipation for many years and finally I am having a regular bowel movement...amazing that we can get so excited over that!!! Apparently my Villi was completely flat, doc said that it was severe celiac...I feel 100% better already...not been sick once since being gluten-free, so I guess that I am doing something right.

I am sure that everyone is different in thier healing process. Are you consuming dairy products?? This can slow down the healing, I have to be DF for 3 months. Also I never got sick to often so I am still not sure how I am suppost to feel...bloating has disappeared so I am taking that as a good sign.

Good luck.

Jess