Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mango04

Has Anyone Tried Namaste Pasta Meals?

I had it at Celiac Camp over the summer and it was yucky!!!!!!!!!! Another girl was there though, and she was dairy free and they made me and her some, she really liked it. I thought it was GROSS, but it's all personal opinion. Sorry that wasn't very helpful!

Kassandra

I'm thinking of ordering the Say Cheez Pasta and the Pasta Pisavera. It looks a bit like Chreese, but with hemp instead of lentil flour. Has anyone tried this stuff? Would love to read some product reviews :P. Thanks :D

https://www.namastefoods.com/shopping/store...tegory_list.cgi

I love it! I can't have real cheese though. Would prefer the real stuff of course.

The Pisavera is also very good, although I can easily make something similar for cheaper myself.

The one I didn't care for was the Taco. I had been warned it would be rather spicy so to use only 1/2 of the seasoning packet. I did that and it had no flavor. Even with the whole seasoning packet, I felt like it had no flavor. Perhaps some bags got more seasonings than others? I don't know.

We havent tried it yet but plan to. I think with cheese substitutes you almost have to try it for yourself. My 4 year old and my husband like road organics mac n chreeze but my sister and my niece dont at all.

My whole family loves the Road's End Organics pasta. I can't stand the stuff. Tastes like mustard to me. But I do like their Nacho Chreese.

Can anyone venture to guess what's actually in the Say Cheez? LOL. It just says "natural cheddar cheese flavors" or something like that....and it's gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, egg-free etc. But what is it? :huh:

The flavor is so strong and the color is so bright orange, I'm just a bit curious. I kind of want to buy more of it, but I want to know what I'd be eating if I did :lol: Do you think the company would tell me? Maybe I'll contact them... :rolleyes:

Can anyone venture to guess what's actually in the Say Cheez? LOL. It just says "natural cheddar cheese flavors" or something like that....and it's gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, egg-free etc. But what is it? :huh:

The flavor is so strong and the color is so bright orange, I'm just a bit curious. I kind of want to buy more of it, but I want to know what I'd be eating if I did :lol: Do you think the company would tell me? Maybe I'll contact them... :rolleyes:

Ingredients:

Brown rice pasta (brown rice flour, water), shelled hemp seed, rice milk powder, sea salt, onion powder, paprika, natural non-dairy cheddar cheese flavors, turmeric, garlic powder, calcium lactate.

I would bet its brewer's yeast (very cheesy flavor to me) and annatto for color.

Ingredients:

Brown rice pasta (brown rice flour, water), shelled hemp seed, rice milk powder, sea salt, onion powder, paprika, natural non-dairy cheddar cheese flavors, turmeric, garlic powder, calcium lactate.

I would bet its brewer's yeast (very cheesy flavor to me) and annatto for color.

Hmm, I'm just wondering if there's any casein in it. I've learned that dairy free can still have casein. I wonder if the box says "contains milk derivatives" or something?

ETS: Just found this:

Product Features

* Wheat, gluten, corn, soy, dairy, potato, casein and nut free

* Manufactured in a dedicated allergen-free facility

* All natural and easy to prepare

* Great Value, Great Taste!

* Kosher Certified

Ingredients:

That's what I would think too, but it doesn't have that brewer's yeast texture. hmmmm...it's a mystery :blink::rolleyes::lol:

I've got some on the ups truck headed this way. I'll give our opinion when we try it. If its the brewers yeast I should be able to spot it - it gives me the shimmies but the boys love it. We cannot have real cheese and are hoping we can have this.

I like it BUT...I add sauteed brocoli and onion or shallot. If folks eat garlic, that would be good too. Then I add some mustard (someone taught me to do that to mac & cheese years ago) or tobasco or something. Then it is tolerable. Actually, it's pretty good in a demented sort of way.