This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Celebrities With Celiac?

lauderdalehawk44

psawyer Proficient

Hasselbeck is definitely celiac. She wrote an extraordinary book about it. No questions there!

Well, she wrote a book, anyway. It isn't one of the better ones.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judy3 Contributor

I am an Emergency physician and my daughter has celiac disease. My husband and I believe she probably came within a few months of dying from the disease. She developed severe constipation at 7 months of age, and spiraled down over the course of the next year. She was blood tested for celiac at 1 year of age, and her tests were negative. As a result, we could not convince our pediatricians or our pediatric GI that there was anything wrong. Our GI told us she "would grow out of it". I was unable to find a new GI, as the earliest next appt time was 6 months away (which I strongly believe would have been too late). After quite a bit of begging and pleading (and a little threatening), our pediatrician pulled some strings and set us up with a ped. GI about 2 hours away the next day. One look at her distended belly, muscle atropy, wasted, gaunt and pale appearance, he suspected celiac. The blood tests nearly deterred him as well, but an endoscopy/biopsy showed severe celiac disease.

I now mention to anyone I see with vague abdominal pain, a history of IBS, or BM problems the possibilty of celiac. I may be known as the crazy ER doc who is convinced everyone has it, but hopefully I will make a difference in at least one person's life.

While I'm sorry your daughter has Celiac, I am thankful that a doctor knows what life is like on this side of the stethescope. Thank you for being proactive with people. :):D

• 3 weeks later...
revenant Enthusiast

I always suspected that kurt cobain had gluten intolerance...

Also I have a suspicion that Thom Yorke of Radiohead has gluten problems... Mainly because I only LOVE his music when I'm under gluten depression! LOL.... As soon as I found out I'm gluten intolerant I couldn't tolerate his music anymore. Also his ears are red and his lips are big red and waxy looking.

Jenny McCarthy had a son who reversed his autism by eating a gluten and casein free diet and doing a candida cleanse. She is very well versed on autism in relation to gluten/casein and bad bacteria, I doubt with the knowledge that she has that she would eat gluten. Also Jim Carrey I heard stays away from wheat, probably because he was dating Jenny McCarthy when her son was healed.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Charlie Sheen, with his bipolar-ness and his glutened looking eyes. Then again, I also suspect him of cocaine or meth usage. But I still think he could be gluten troubled...

Archived