Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DingoGirl

Boy In Uk Down To Just Six Foods....

Hey all -

This story was on Good Morning America yesterday. Fascinating - thought I'd share since so many on this forum have multiple food intolerances, or are even down to just a handful of foods. I know I've seen this diagnosis and subject addressed here before, so my ears perked up when I heard the term.

Happy Friday. :)

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article...food/article.do

Thanks Susan (my sister calls my daughter SusieQ, her name is Holly Sue). I wish my mother would read these things, but I have given up. I have stopped printing things from the internet for her, she tells me I have "got to stop believing what I read on the net cause none of it is true!" I just give up, she knows it all, so there is no sense in my bothering to try to help her understand that I am not at the same level of celiac as my sister. I have so many intolerance's, but to her, it's in my head and I am just being stubborn!

Thanks for the article!

I wonder if this is the same thing Laura was researching a while back, the name sounds familiar and it fits the description.

Thnaks for posting this link.

Deb -

So sorry about your mom not reading things. That is intensely frustrating. I know when I try to talk to DOCTORS and regular people about gluten removal and mental health, nobody gets it.

Julie - it's the same thing Laura was looking into.

I just wonder how many people have it and don't know it? I'm quite sure that fewer doctors would know about this than would even know about Celiac.

Yes, its what I was looking into. I was tested after I had been off all the "bad" foods for awhile, so we'll never fully know...plus, I've had other diagnoses since then. Either way, my reactions closely mimicked the eos. disorders.

A good resource for anyone who needs it is www.apfed.org