This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Best Gluten Free Restaurants In Mn

missnbagels

missnbagels Explorer

What are the best gluten free restaurants in mn. Restaurants with a lot of variety of food and good help. i am tired of eating the same stuff all the time, you know what i mean?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

musicchick64 Rookie

I've had the best luck at Outback, Chilis, Chipotle and PF Changs. Outback and PF Changs were the most knowledgeable and helpful. I always ask to speak to the manager on duty though and ask the server about four times if they have noted on the order that my allergy is severe.

Really, I hardly go out. It is a lot of work and I'm always worried about cross contamination. I got CC'd last Monday night at Noodle's & Co. for the second time and am still miserable. I love to cook and I have found that it has become fun to have friends over to try my new creations. It gives me an opportunity to educate others on Celiac.

There are a couple bakeries as well. I have gone to Bittersweet in Eagan several time and love them. There is also Cooqi in St. Paul and I've heard that Madwoman's Bakery in Mpls is awesome.

Good luck!

Lisa

LisaJ Apprentice

My favorite definitely (if you live in the twin cities area) is Chianti Grill. They have awesome gluten free pasta - it's like the Olive Garden, but better! I have never gotten sick there.

Woody Rookie

I agree with Lisa about the Chianti's Grill. We ate there Sunday October 14th. I had the gluten-free Spicy Chicken Penne, without the cajun spices. Very Good. We were at the Burnsville location. They had a separate gluten-free menu.

I also went to the Crumb Gourmet Deli, on 7910 Mitchell Rd, Eden Prairie. They use bread made by the Bittersweet Bakery. Nice being able to have a deli sandwich. When we were there, another person came in also that was looking for gluten-free sandwich.

The Madwoman's Bakery on Nicollet was good also. We had the quiche lorraine. I also ended up buying some cookies and muffins to take home with us.

Houlihans in Eagan did not have a gluten-free menu. But they did work to accomodate gluten-free. The cook recommended the grilled rosemary chicken, without the mashed potatoes.

Woody

• 3 weeks later...
MNBeth Explorer

I had a great Pad Thai at Big Bowl in Rosedale Mall. Our server said if she gets Pad Thai she always orders the gluten-free because she likes the sauce better. :-) I was encouraged that "gluten free" was familiar to her, and the manager came out to see me without my asking for him, so that was reassuring, too. They don't have too many options - I think it's basically the Pad Thais and the Kung Paos they can do gluten-free. But it was good and felt very safe.

There's also Chiang Mai Thai in Calhoun Square. I haven't eaten there since I was dx'd, but enjoyed it when I was there before, and our local support group says they're good for gluten-free.

Pei Wei is also supposed to have gluten-free things, but I haven't eaten anything gluten-free there, either. Didn't much care for the Pad Thai I had there before dx, but other things may be better. Someone around here raves about their Singapore noodles or some such.

I got sick after ribs at Chili's but I'm not sure I was glutened - I'm still trying to get my sensitivities straightened out. But my server clearly didn't have a clue what I was talking about, which was not encouraging. Still, the manager printed a current gluten-free menu w/ an expiration date, so it seems like they're trying to keep up tabs on formulation changes, at least.

Check out the newer post on Jimmy John's, too - that sounds promising, and not Asian, which a person might get tired of. (Not me, but some other person, maybe. ;) )

• 4 years later...
fidgiegirl Newbie

I would recommend Brasa (in Northeast or on Grand Ave in St. Paul). Nearly everything there is naturally gluten-free and is delicious.

Cafe Latte on Grand has an amazing flourless torte among their beautiful (flour-filled) desserts. Hubby and I always split, it's so rich!

I second Chianti Grill.

My friend reports good luck at Fogo de Chao.

I ate at Craftsman on Lake in Mpls. last night and had a beautiful dish and am feeling great today.

J. Arthur's Coffee Shop at Rice & B2 in Little Canada is carrying a new line of paleo cupcakes and they are INCREDIBLE. gluten-free (since it's grain free) and dairy free, soft and not gritty from rice flour like so many gluten-free baked treats are (it's made with coconut flour). Open Original Shared Link and scroll to the bottom of the page to read more.

And when I'm stuck for a fast food option I always hit Chipotle for a bowl.

• 1 month later...
MitziG Enthusiast

Twigs in Rochester- the owner is a celiac and they have a dedicated gluten-free kitchen area. The food is awesome too!

Cheeky Monkey in St Paul has some good gluten-free sandwiches..but the flourless chocolate torte is to die for!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kb27 Apprentice

In Duluth, we've had good gluten-free food at the Duluth grill and At Sara's Table/Chester Creek Cafe.

• 3 weeks later...
Jennmc31 Newbie

Brasa, PF Changs, original pancake hiuse(Edina & Eden prairie), Tavern on France, Qdoba, Rice Paper....I could go on and on. I have pics and menus on my FB page.

• 6 months later...
Feed Me Newbie

We really like Biaggi's. They've got several gluten free pasta options and provide gluten free bread. Prices are very reasonable for the portion sizes and they've got a decent variety Open Original Shared Link.

We also like the Blue Plate restaraunts. Open Original Shared Link, Open Original Shared Link. They offer gluten free breads and have a unique menu.

Original Pancake House is very gluten-free friendly too.

Archived