Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi all,

I made halloween cookies with my little ones today. I found a great recipe for butter cookies that worked out great. There are only a few ingredients and the dough turns out really nice. I was debating on whether to post this here or the recipe section however I thought coming up on Halloween, someone may see it here and be able to use it with their kids! We use Tom Sawyer All Purpose gluten-free baking flour and it works our really well.

Butter Cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened

3/4 cup sugar

1 egg

3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

1-3/4 all purpose gluten-free baking flour (I use Tom Sawyer Flour)

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. cover and chill for 1 hour or until easy to handle. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/9 in thickness. Cut with cookie cutters and place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet.

Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.

Hope you enjoy!

Melissa

Diagnosed Fibromyalgia March 2007

Mom to Katharine, 5 years old diagnosed Celiac Disease Sept 2006

Peanut allergy

Michael 3 years old diagnosed infant reflux at 6 weeks

Dairy Soy allergy until 22 months

Neg blood tests and biopsy Feb 2008

Positive gluten-free dietary response

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.

Margaret Thatcher

Fall down seven times stand up eight.

"I've decided that after air, water, and dirt, the next most common substance on the planet must be gluten!"

Toni Nolte, Overland Park, Kansas

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Thanks for sharing. I'm "room mom" for the Halloween party at DDs school this year and am making it gluten-free. We are going to do caramel corn balls but she wanted to do cookies or cupcakes, too.

We made the gluten-free Oreo's on Recipezaar.com today and were thinking of doing those with orange frosting, too.

Yours sound nice and yummy for all the upcoming holidays too! I'll definitely give them a try!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter