Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wowzer

Spring Roll Skins

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I found them at the grocery store. Any ideas of what to do with Spring Roll Skins?

I made a meat mixture of browned hamburger, some shredded cabbage, grated carrot, a little garlic and some green onion and thickened it with some cornstarch, then rolled in the spring roll skins and deep fried, they were very good. I did learn the hard way you have to wet the wrapper and not to fill to full.

you might google spring roll reciepes for filling ideas

I mix white rice and chinese frozen veggies cooked (chopped up) and a sauce mixed in from scratch you can also add chicken, shrimp,crab or pork chopped up and mixed in and bake them in the oven. Cabbage and bean sprouts are great too mixed in. I also use fried rice recipes and just roll and bake them up. For sauces I sometimes use soy sauce mixed in the rice and veggies and use homemade sweet and sour sauce to dip them in. They also make great crab rangoons with chopped crab meat, cream cheese and green onion and baked.

Thanks for the ideas. I'm always looking for something new to try. You've helped me get the wheels turning. I had done a quick google but didn't find too much. I also just remembered I have a Thai cookbook that could be helpful.

What if you sprayed muffin tins with vegetable spray, then pushed a spring roll wrapper into the muffin tin and baked it to make a little shell cup--you could then fill it with anything: scrambled eggs and ham for a brunch, pudding with sprinkles for dessert, cooked chicken and black beans with salsa for a mini taco salad--that would be a great party appetizer.

Susanna

Diagnosed in March 2006 by blood test and biopsy. Eleven year old son diagnosed in May 2006. Both gluten-free since diagnosis.

The Susanna (Flagstaff, AZ)

"I GOTTA have more cowbell!."

--The legendary Bruce Dickenson

I was wondering this very thing myself the other day. I picked some skins up as well. Our first attempt at spring rolls didn't work so well, but now I have a plan. I bought some coleslaw mix (the cabbage w/ carrots stuff w/out the dressing) and I'm going to toss in some canned crab w/ it and fry them up a bit.

A yummy and easily reheatable quick dinner for the kids.

I like the idea of using them in muffin cups for a breakfast treat too, although it would be an interesting feat for sure.