Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alamaz

Does Any One Have Problems Eating Kettle Brand Potato Chips?

They say on the website they are gluten free but made on shared lines. I bought the Kettle Brand Baked Lightly Salted Potato Chips yesterday and before I dive in just wanted to see if any one had problems with them? I'm typically pretty sensitive and try to avoid shared line products in general but was craving something salty!

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease February 2007

Finally feeling better than ever!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We have not had issues with them. They are officially made on shared lines, but the only chip that is made in the facility that is not gluten free is the cheddar beer flavor chip. When they ELISA test the cheddar beer chips, there is so little gluten that it does not even show up on the test. They have tested with independent agencies. The pita and pretzel chips are made at a different facility than the potato and corn chips. I spoke to a representative a little over a month ago. I consider these chips safe. I use Kettle Chips as an alternative to Frito-Lay.

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Join eNewsletter

Thanks! I was assuming the pita chips were made on the same line but good to know they aren't! Can't wait to get home from work now :lol:

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease February 2007

Finally feeling better than ever!

Join eNewsletter

I second the vote of confidence. I eat these all the time. I also eat the Salt & Pepper ones (WHEN I can find them). Given the ELISA test mentioned, I'm tempted to try the Beer & Cheddar ones too ....BUT.....Kettle Chips are my favorite brand of chips! :D

Franceen

Diagnosed DH by Allergist via gluten-free Diet Success

Gluten-free since Dec 2005

Gluten-free works so why keep getting tests?

Neg skin biopsy & Neg bloodwork after gluten-free for 3 months

No Endoscopy - need to eat gluten for good test & won't do it

No other Allergies or major ailments!

Join eNewsletter

I also have not had a problem with them, and am addicted to the Salt & Pepper ones. My Trader Joe's always has them, as well as my Whole Foods (they even have the smaller and bigger bags).

be wary of the ingredient MALTODEXTRIN not only does it contain a component of MSG it is possibly a wheat derrivitive in europe as well as the USA.. i have a Severe gluten allergy and have noticed a reaction to all kettle chips products.. the facilities are possibly contaminated as well as the ingredients... be aware that big business uses whatever products are cheapest not allways the safest

Join eNewsletter

I also eat the Kettle chips without problems!

Gluten Free 10/11/08

Negative Blood test 08/08

Positive Biopsy 10/08

No family members diagnosed...but Symtoms seem to be the same.

Father- Diverticulitis

Paternal Grandmother Died from Colon Cancer when she was 38.

If you're going through hell, keep going.

-Winston Churchill

Join eNewsletter

I eat them with no reactions. Sadly they discontinued the Dill & Sour Cream flavor, which was one of the most amazing things ever. *sigh*

Positive Bloodwork 7/8/05

Inconclusive Biopsy 7/20/05

gluten-free since 7/23/05

Never felt better.

"So here's us, on the raggedy edge, come a day when there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. - Malcolm Reynolds"

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter