• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

alamaz

Does Any One Have Problems Eating Kettle Brand Potato Chips?

Rate this topic

They say on the website they are gluten free but made on shared lines. I bought the Kettle Brand Baked Lightly Salted Potato Chips yesterday and before I dive in just wanted to see if any one had problems with them? I'm typically pretty sensitive and try to avoid shared line products in general but was craving something salty!

We have not had issues with them. They are officially made on shared lines, but the only chip that is made in the facility that is not gluten free is the cheddar beer flavor chip. When they ELISA test the cheddar beer chips, there is so little gluten that it does not even show up on the test. They have tested with independent agencies. The pita and pretzel chips are made at a different facility than the potato and corn chips. I spoke to a representative a little over a month ago. I consider these chips safe. I use Kettle Chips as an alternative to Frito-Lay.

I second the vote of confidence. I eat these all the time. I also eat the Salt & Pepper ones (WHEN I can find them). Given the ELISA test mentioned, I'm tempted to try the Beer & Cheddar ones too ....BUT.....Kettle Chips are my favorite brand of chips! :D

I also have not had a problem with them, and am addicted to the Salt & Pepper ones. My Trader Joe's always has them, as well as my Whole Foods (they even have the smaller and bigger bags).

be wary of the ingredient MALTODEXTRIN not only does it contain a component of MSG it is possibly a wheat derrivitive in europe as well as the USA.. i have a Severe gluten allergy and have noticed a reaction to all kettle chips products.. the facilities are possibly contaminated as well as the ingredients... be aware that big business uses whatever products are cheapest not allways the safest