Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Chrisbee

Zojirushi Bread Machine

Guest Chrisbee

What am I doing wrong? I've ruined loaf after loaf. I used the homemade setting, and preheated for 8, Knead for 15, Rise 1 and 2 set to off, Rise 3 for 40 min, and Bake for 110. As soon as I take the loaf out, it starts to deflate. The inside is wet and doughy. Any ideas? I love the flavor of those two mixes, I just have no luck. When I bake them in the oven, they pop over the top and the top nearly flips off to the side and they don't get done inside.

Thanks!

Chrisbee

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I make Pamela's in the Zo with the following settings: preheat 10, knead 20, rise 1 and 2 off, rise 3 55; bake 1:10; keep warm off I let it sit in the machine for about 5 minutes after it is done, then remove it and cool on a rack. I never put in as much water as suggested -- too much liquid is often the reason that gluten-free breads collapse. I use a total of 2 cups liquid, and hold back the additional 2 tablespoons of water suggested in the directions. Also, I tend to heat the water a bit, even though I use a preheat setting. This bread does not rise as high as some other loaves -- mine is about 3.5 inches. However, I find that more than adequate for a sandwich bread and it stays nice and soft for several days (don't refrigerate it -- keep it on the counter in a zip loc bag. If you won't eat it all in that time, you can freeze half the loaf.)

Good luck! Rochelle

Join eNewsletter

I make Pamela's in my Zo and use the Basic and Medium settings. It comes out perfect every time. It may rise more than it may need to, but it is always awesome. DS is super picky and he loves it.

Kim

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm

but how to dance in the rain."

Positive bloodwork 1/9/06

gluten-free since 1/12/06

Very positive dietary response

DS (12 years old)

Biopsy 7/7/06 ~ Diagnosed Celiac 7/12/2006

gluten-free since 7/15/2006

DD (almost 6)

HLA-DQ2 positive

Celiac Bloodwork negative 2 different times