Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sweetfudge

Want A Really Good Sushi Place In Provo Ut

My new boss loves sushi! He takes everyone in the office out once a month, and he was asking me the other day where I can eat. I would love to try sushi, never had it, but wanted to know if anyone knew of a gluten-safe restaurant. I emailed Happy Sumo, the place EVERYONE tells me is the place for sushi. This is what they said:

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting The Happy Sumo!

We are currently working on compiling a wheat/gluten free menu. Unfortunately we lack sufficient space in our kitchens to adequately store additional equipment necessary to comply with a wheat/gluten free solution. Also, for liability reasons I need to make you aware that "soy is present in most of our sauces and entrees and if you choose to dine at the restaurant you do so at your own risk." (Sorry about that Stephanie, our lawyers make us put that in)

If you do decide to dine with us, we hope you have a great time and please be careful!

Sincerely,

Customer Service

So I emailed her asking her what they could do to accomodate me if I did come in...but not so heartening.

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):