Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dandelionmom

Silly Milestone! My Daughter Felt Full!

We're in our 3rd month of living gluten-free and we've seen so many big changes! But last night's was a real eye opener. Our 3 year old actually ate her dinner and asked for seconds and then thirds. Afterward, she said that her tummy felt funny. I got worried about CC from prepackaged food (we were eating Amy's gluten free pizza for the first time) but she said "not bad funny, just tight funny." My little girl ate so much she was full!

I think that is probably the first time she's felt good enough to eat until she was full since she was symptomatic. :)

Anyone else have any of those "feeling better" milestones?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

OH YES! That is a lovely milestone!!!

I love when my daughter gets the feeling of fullness because something she at was so yummy!!!

My favorites are when we find a food she loves and then find out it is gluten-free to boot! Like T Marzettie's caramel apple dip!!!! Or really hit the jackpot with a gluten-free substitute food and it tastes wonderful. That recently happened with some croutons we bought from a local gluten-free bakery. They were AMAZING!!! We ate the whole bag of them while we shopped!

Anyone else have any of those "feeling better" milestones?

About a month into being gluten free my daughter (previously so pale and with so little sub-cutaneous fat that you could see every single vein and artery under her skin) turned pink. She was pink from head to toe - it was wonderful to see colour on her face arms, legs.

Even a kid from daycare noticed that she was pink!

It was a milestone I won't forget.

mamatide

K we've been gluten-free for over a year now, but when we first went gluten-free, I got a ton better super fast. But one of my problems was that I don't have a sense of hunger (hadn't for years). And hence I forget to eat, and then I gain weight (at one point I gained 80 lbs in 1 year, by eating under 1,000 cals/day).

So about a week after I went gluten-free I had this super weird feeling... it took me about 20 min to figure out, I was HUNGRY! I still don't have a consistant sense of hunger (about once a week or so) but it felt like SUCH a big deal!! We cried and hugged, and things were so happy!!

So happy ur kiddo is feelin better!! Yay!