Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ConnieA84

Dairy Free Cheese?

Hello All,

I have recently cut out Dairy from my diet and am feeling so much better. I have found a margarine that it gluten and dairy free but am still in search of cheese that doesn't taste like a foot. I live in Canada is that helps at all. I am not sure if there is soy cheese? or Veggie chesse? which is better?

Any help on this topic would be great

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hello All,

I have recently cut out Dairy from my diet and am feeling so much better. I have found a margarine that it gluten and dairy free but am still in search of cheese that doesn't taste like a foot. I live in Canada is that helps at all. I am not sure if there is soy cheese? or Veggie chesse? which is better?

Any help on this topic would be great

I recently tried the Vegan Gourmet cheese-mozarella and Monterey Jack flavor for tacos and pizza and was satisfied. It even melted and browned nicely n the pizza and has instruction on the package for getting it to melt. In the past (pre gluten-free)I tried Veggie Slices(with the green wrap) for sandwiches and was satisfied. I haven't checked the label for ingedients recently.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Watch out for soy cheeses. All of them that I have seen have casein in them.

There is a vegan rice cheese that we have tried. It is OK shredded in chili or a little on a taco. Even then the kids tell me to skip the cheese because they don't miss it enough to eat that yet.

If I am making a pizza or something with meat, we prefer cooking a slice of bacon in with the meat. It adds the salt and fat that you crave in a dish like that. We have even given company a "bacon" meat pizza and they didn't realize it was cheeseless until the end.

Shellfish free since 1980

Milk free (all forms) since 1991

Feingold in 2003

First gluten-free round 2007

Now entering full time Gluten free, egg free, almond/peanut free