Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joni63

Great Value Brand

Just an FYI,

I called Walmart to find out if their mixed nuts are gluten free. It does not say so on the label and it does say that they are made in a facility with wheat. They returned my call today and their policy is that if any item is made in a facility that also makes items with wheat they will not label it gluten free. The nuts are are not produced on the same lines as any gluten containing products, just in the same facility. What a strict and awesome policy. It's nice to know that their 'Gluten Free' labeled products are truly that!

I will continue to eat them knowing they are on separate lines.

Joni

Dx'd with Celiac Disease 8/01/07

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

This is good to know, Wegmans has the same policy. I found out when I noticed a large can of nuts had a circle G but the small cans didn't. I called to find out why and they said much the same thing Walmart did. The small cans were made in a different facility that had CC issue so the small cans were not labeled gluten-free even though they had the same ingredients on the label. I have never been CC'd by Wegmans gluten free stuff unlike a lot of other mainstream brands. I love companies that have food that is not just gluten free by ingredients but also by CC risk. It makes things so much easier. Our Walmart is going to add a grocery store expansion and it will be nice to have another store brand I can trust.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

This is good to know, Wegmans has the same policy. I found out when I noticed a large can of nuts had a circle G but the small cans didn't. I called to find out why and they said much the same thing Walmart did. The small cans were made in a different facility that had CC issue so the small cans were not labeled gluten-free even though they had the same ingredients on the label. I have never been CC'd by Wegmans gluten free stuff unlike a lot of other mainstream brands. I love companies that have food that is not just gluten free by ingredients but also by CC risk. It makes things so much easier. Our Walmart is going to add a grocery store expansion and it will be nice to have another store brand I can trust.

I noticed that with the nuts at Wegmans too. I just bought some of the honey-roasted cashews....very good. I haven't been glutened by any of their products yet. Since it is the store brand the prices are nice too :) Our walmart has a grocery store but it is not in the nicest area and so I tend to avoid that store. I have heard good things about the Walmart labeling. It is nice to know when company understands our needs.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Join eNewsletter

Does anyone know . . . does Wal-Mart call out all sources of gluten (like Kraft)? I buy the items that say gluten free and I have bought items that clearly don't have gluten (where the label actually has items listed that you KNOW what that is). But what about (my favorite) "natural flavor". Does Wal-Mart call out the source if it's from gluten? At this point, I have passed on these items.

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

Join eNewsletter

Walmart is the only place that I'll do my grocery shopping since I discovered Great Value Brand. I used to shop at several different grocery stores to get all of my food items. Its nice to have a one stop shop. :)

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter