Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

powerbraid

gluten-free Almonds

Hi all! I recently was diagnosed and am, shall we say, a tad paranoid right now. I was eating a lot of nuts/almonds after I cut gluten out of my diet, but, was still feeling bad and finally figured out that it must be the nuts/cross contamination.

Are there any gluten-free almond brands that people know of other than Blue Diamond? I am having trouble finding just their plain raw almonds.

Thanks so much for any help!!!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi all! I recently was diagnosed and am, shall we say, a tad paranoid right now. I was eating a lot of nuts/almonds after I cut gluten out of my diet, but, was still feeling bad and finally figured out that it must be the nuts/cross contamination.

Are there any gluten-free almond brands that people know of other than Blue Diamond? I am having trouble finding just their plain raw almonds.

Thanks so much for any help!!!

You can get some raw almonds at a health food store, or whole foods, trader joes, etc, and roast them yourself. I like them best this way. You may be able to order online?

Feb 9, 07 - Positive gene test D2 -Celiac Disease and Positive D3 for Gluten Sensitivity-Double Whammy!

Positive blood test for antibodies for celiac

SEVERE Gluten Ataxia - trouble speaking - could not even turn my head side to side - almost bedridden

March 07 - 2 different doctors have documented my records as confirmed Celiac

Oct 07 - found a secret to feeling better - no processed foods - The healing comes from eating raw vegetables, and fruits!

Husband - tested = celiac gene+diabetes gene

3 children-

youngest - doc wont test has w/ Hashimoto Disease

middle- tested = celiac gene+lymphoma gene - dx-celiac

oldest - ignores warnings

Join eNewsletter

when i was first diagnosed, i had a hard time eating almonds too...even till today, but it is not as bad as it was when i was first diagnosed. My theory, is that my intenstines where still to weak to digest something pretty hard, and have it go through if not completely digested. It irritated my intestines more because of its hard tecture. I did soft foods for a long time...i just recently been able to digest corn, and that is after 3 years.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter