Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FootballFanatic

I'm Proud Of All Of You!

I got an email from my mom today just saying that she was proud of me and then I was just thinking how I am proud of all of us living on this gluten free diet. It's SO HARD to get used to and while it may get "easier", I don't think it gets "easy" for most.

Just a big high five to everyone out there making the sacrifice everyday whatever stage you are at, even if you're at the end of your rope with Celiac Disease at least you're hanging on and that is something that should always receive praise!

Have a good week everyone!

10-06 Diagnosed Urinary Tract Infection (Allergic to Cipro, Bactrim, Macrobid, Doxycycline, Monocycline, Penicillin) - This UTI is still present with no symptoms.

10-06 Diagnosed "Acid Reflux" (Nexium didn't work)

12-06 Endoscopy diagnosed Gastritis (Negative Bioposy)

12-06 Negative bloodwork for Celiac Disease, Diagnosed "Gastroparesis" - Started Zelnorm

1-07 Diagnosed "IBS-C" - Still taking Zelnorm

3-07 HIDA scan to check gallbladder which was fully functional.

3-07 Zelnorm taken off market, started Domperidone

4-21-07 Emergency Appendectomy (FUUUNN!)

7-24-07 Enterolab results came back positive

Gluten Free since that night....

...Still not feeling great.

"Don't expect constant success, but strive for constant growth."

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I got an email from my mom today just saying that she was proud of me and then I was just thinking how I am proud of all of us living on this gluten free diet. It's SO HARD to get used to and while it may get "easier", I don't think it gets "easy" for most.

Just a big high five to everyone out there making the sacrifice everyday whatever stage you are at, even if you're at the end of your rope with Celiac Disease at least you're hanging on and that is something that should always receive praise!

Amen to that, Football. And isn't it great to have a rockin Mama? We must be two of the very blessed few, I've heard some awful stories here. But mine's the coolest ever, I wish I could share.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

thank you and im proud of you to. I also have an awesome mom, she came down yesterday and bought me tons of gluten free items. My parents have been so supportive of me during all of this and i dont think i could have done it without them. They are always asking me what is safe and not safe for me. LIke for instance i told them electrasol was safe so they went to sams and got me 3 90 tablets of the stuff, along with many other gluten free stuff and tons of stuff from vitamin cottage. My mom and dad are my best friends and im so lucky for that.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Thank you for passing along the supportive words of encouraging praise! Blessings to you.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies