Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BRUMI1968

New Problems After 1.5 Years

I was always the constipated celiac sufferer. Two and a half years ago, I quit wheat and dairy; One and a half years ago, I quit gluten. I've been better since then - not perfect, but lots better. The problems that have come up have mostly been bloating.

Starting a few months ago, though, I've started having different celiac-related problems. Mostly, instead of being constipated, I'm the opposite, though not totally watery, certainly not desirable. Okay, if WHEN I move my bowels it's not great, that's one thing-not a good thing at all. But it's the rush to bathroom thing that is really getting on me. I've become afraid to go do things I used to do, like rock climbing or hiking, because I don't want to be too far from the bathroom. I will feel perfectly 100% fine and normal, probably even have a normal stool, then within an hour of that, not so great, running to the bathroom, and very unpleasant times when I get there. Sometimes terrible smell, sometimes not. Almost always, though, undigested food, lots of yellow color (bile), and either totally sunk, or fluffly and floating. (It's the fluffy floating ones that don't smell so good.)

I'm frustrated because I am VERY cautious about gluten. Our household is gluten free. I never eat out. I only eat trusted company's food (i.e., not amy's).

A couple details: about when this really came to a head was when I went on a fishing trip where our campground had no potable water. We drank water from the American campground about 10 minutes walk away (I'm American, but was fishing on the Skagit River which is just north of Ross Lake in Northern Washington/Southern British Columbia). It was not marked to be boiled - but the water was only that far away from this water.

So, it's possible I've gotten giardia or something of that nature. I plan to go to the doctor tomorrow to rule out parasites/bacteria/viruses that could be causing my problems.

Any other ideas, though?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It does sound like you picked osmething up. I might go with a course o ftreatment from a cleansing program, like Dr colonix or something, because a doctor only has drugs that kill one thing. Like if you have giardia, he has drugs that will kill that, but nothing else, and you may also have another kind of parasite. One of those cleansing deals gets rid of all of them. Usually takes a while though. Oh, if you're not having abdominal pain, then you probably don't have giardia specifically, I think you get a lot of pain with that one.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Join eNewsletter

Thanks for the tip. I know I don't want to take the drugs they suggest for giardia, so I'll be glad if it's not that.

I'm not having independent abdominal pain, but I'm not happy while using the bathroom. It is more of a real sense of my own paristalsis - a sort of almost cramped state.

Also, does anyone know about bacterial dysbiosis? Maybe I've got that going on?

Join eNewsletter

I after over a year of being gluten free had to go vegetarian. I cannot digest fats, dairy or meats at all anymore. It has the exact same effect on my body. If I stay away from those I do fine.

Could it be gall bladder issues? My symptoms came out a little while after gall bladder removal but I had the same symptoms before having it removed.

Join eNewsletter

If nothing shows up in the poop samples, we're moving on to possible hpylori or gall bladder or something. I'm getting some testing done at Enterolab too. Problem is right now my stomach is so sensitive,I can't really eat anything...so how I'm supposed to come up with four different pooping samples is beyond me.

I used to be a vegetarian, but went back to meat after quitting gluten...so about a year and a half or so. I have noticed bacon seems to set me off. Not always, just sometimes...unless I'm getting glutened everytime I eat bacon, which I doubt. Anyway, I've been veggie again for a week to figure out if it's fats, giardia, bacterial or yeast dysbosis, or what. ARG!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter