Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Juliebove

Ener-g Rice Pizza Crusts

I bought these and wasn't too sure how I would like them since we seem to either love or hate the Enger-G products. These were actually VERY good. Reminded me of the flat bread pizza I used to get at Trader Joe's. They no longer seem to carry it. At least not at my local store. I am not the one with the gluten issue. Daughter is.

I wanted to make them with vegan rice cheese (cheddar) but daughter balked at it and said it wouldn't be good. So I made her a pizza with her usual Alfredo style Chreese powder, made up with some hot water and olive oil. I used plain tomato sauce from a box with some Italian seasoning added. Topped hers with pepperoni.

For me, I used the same sauce, as many sliced raw veggies as I could fit on the pizza and then topped it with a small amount of rice cheese. Have to watch my carbs because of diabetes.

Since they come in a 3 pack, I made the third one with just sauce and rice cheese.

Daughter ate all of her pizza (they're single serve size) then said she would try one slice of the rice cheese one. She wound up eating all of that one too and loved it.

So now I am happy. I can keep some of these onhand for quick pizzas. I normally use the Namaste crust mix which is actually pretty quick to fix, but the pre-made crusts are even quicker.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I bought these and wasn't too sure how I would like them since we seem to either love or hate the Enger-G products.

Hi 'Juliebove',

If you would like to try my Pizza Crust from scratch, below is a link, also a link to my Pizza Sauce.

Best Homemade Pizza Sauce Ever

Pizza Crust Like You Wouldn't Believe !!!

People from this forum have made and enjoyed this Crust.

One of the typical replies.

> From: **************

> To: daveurde1@hotmail.com

> Subject: Your Pizza Crust ( Gluten-Free Celiac Disease Forum at Celiac.com (Home) )

>

> irish daveyboy,

>

> Abbygail has sent you this email from http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php.

>

>

> Hi David!

>

> Just wanted to say hello and to thank you for the great pizza crust recipe that you have

>posted on the Irish Celiac message board.

>

> I made it the other day and have to say that it is the best we have had so far.

>Have tried about a dozen different recipes but none as good as yours.

>And it is so easy to make, too.

>

> Nice to have you posting on our forum

(I hope Abbygail doesn't mind me using her as a reference I've deleted her E-mail address)

Best Regards,

David

Chronically Ill and lost 56lbs in 3 Months Prior to Diagnosis.

Diagnosed in Nov 2005 after Biopsy and Blood Tests

Cannot tolerate Codex Wheat Starch.

Self Taught Baker.

Bake everything from scratch using naturally gluten-free ingredients.

Join eNewsletter

Thanks David :)

They sound good. I have been looking for a good pizza sauce homemade as I cant eat added salt. Could I use an alternative milk product for it since I have to be casein free? Do you think it would come out okay if it wasnt powdered?

Hi 'Glutenfreefamily',

Substitute 'Darifree' for milk powder, it's derived from potato.

Best Regards,

David.

Chronically Ill and lost 56lbs in 3 Months Prior to Diagnosis.

Diagnosed in Nov 2005 after Biopsy and Blood Tests

Cannot tolerate Codex Wheat Starch.

Self Taught Baker.

Bake everything from scratch using naturally gluten-free ingredients.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter