Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kathy'sUnicorns

Gluten Free Candy Bars

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hershey Bars

Snickers

Milky Way Dark

M & Ms

3 Musketeers

Dove Promises

Any of those sound good?

Gina

gluten-free since 2001

Son dx celiac March 2005

Reeses Peanut ButterCups

Baby Ruth

Heath Bars

Peppermint Patties

Careful on the Reese Cups though, the regular large size ones are gluten-free, but the individually wrapped mini cups are not. (I got that info from my boss who is a vegetarian and very aware of food ingredients, as well as being a "Reese Cup connaisseur"!)

Kate

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Celiac symptoms since 1985 (gluten-free since 9/2/07)

Vitiligo since 1991

Environmental allergies since 1992

Polycystic Ovary Disease since 1993

HLA DQA 1*05 (DQ5)

From my Roctober 2007 Candy list:

Hershey's general statement: check label. Gluten will be listed as wheat, rye, barley or oats

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

Are you sure that Reeses Peanut cups are gluten-free cause I thought the new labels say they are processed on wheat producing equipment. If thats true that they are you would make my day cause i love them.

Are you sure that Reeses Peanut cups are gluten-free cause I thought the new labels say they are processed on wheat producing equipment. If thats true that they are you would make my day cause i love them.

I'm looking at a pack that I bought two days ago, and there isn't anything on there about "wheat producing equipment", but maybe my pack might have the older label? Here's their number if anyone wants to call and check: 1-800-468-1714 (9-4 ET M-F).

Kate

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Celiac symptoms since 1985 (gluten-free since 9/2/07)

Vitiligo since 1991

Environmental allergies since 1992

Polycystic Ovary Disease since 1993

HLA DQA 1*05 (DQ5)

What's the scoop with mars bars?

~Ill for 5 years with progressive symptoms: anxiety, brain fog, joint pain, "D", and the noisiest stomach you've ever heard, and a lovely itchy rash on my buttocks, scalp, and sometimes thighs. ~ Family history of Celiac disease (Uncle, cousins, grandmother) ~ Blood work showed some antibodies but not enough to be dx celiac ~ Dq7 & Dq4. ~ I can't call myself Celiac but I know gluten is bad for my body.

I have a bag of Reese's miniatures right in front of me and they appear to be gluten free. No mention of any gluten-free ingredients or being processed on shared facilities.

God Bless,

Bobbi

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Philippians 4:8

Is it like a fun size package? Im not familiar with reese's but I do know sometimes the fun size holiday ones are produced differently on the lines and can be shared with gluten containing candies. I try and stick to regular size ones.

Snickers

Midnight Milky Way (NOT the regular one)

3 Musketeers

Symptoms on and off my whole life

Major symptoms starting 2005

Zero blood antibodies

Gluten free with positive dietary response since April 2007