Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sarah8793

Want To Make A Casein/gluten Free Nacho Cheese Sauce

I have tried making casein and gluten free cheese sauce before but they usually turn out yucky. I need to find one for dipping chips in for my daughter at school. I have noticed that Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese tastes pretty darn close to real cream cheese. So I am wondering if I could use that for the base and then add some other things to make a cheese sauce. Any ideas?

Don't be afraid to reach for the moon. The worst that can happen is you'll miss and land among the stars.

Positive blood work

2 negative biopsies over 4 year period

Postive EnteroLab results

Lactose/Casein Intolerant

Gluten free since May 2006

Soy free since May 2007

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have tried making casein and gluten free cheese sauce before but they usually turn out yucky. I need to find one for dipping chips in for my daughter at school. I have noticed that Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese tastes pretty darn close to real cream cheese. So I am wondering if I could use that for the base and then add some other things to make a cheese sauce. Any ideas?

Test response-----couldn't find this on the board anywhere so I am trying to locate it this way.

Don't be afraid to reach for the moon. The worst that can happen is you'll miss and land among the stars.

Positive blood work

Soy free since May 2007

Although you posted several hours ago, your post had not been pinned, so it was at the bottom of the page. Usually things get pinned much sooner. I'm pinning this as I post.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Roads Ends Organics makes one that people seem to like. I think there's a recipe for nacho cheese sauce somewhere on this board that uses cashews.

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

Mango,

Thank you so much for these recipes! I am looking forward to trying them this week. :)

Positive blood work

Soy free since May 2007

http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?s...t=0&start=0

The above is a link to a thread I've started. The nacho cheese sauce is on the first page.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.