Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkIvy

Jimmy Johns Has An Option!

Hey guys!

I live in a sorority house and don't have a kitchen, so on weekends I've had to get creative/risky with the restaurants in my area. I'm still pretty limited, but I've been surprised to find that one restaurant I have had a LOT of luck with is the local Jimmy John's sandwich place. They do a breadless lettuce wrap version of all their sandwiches called and "unwich". I always ask them to change their gloves before they make mine, explaining that I have a gluten allergy/intolerance, and they're always really great about it.

The biggest thing to worry about are the sauces/spreads. They use the same knife in the mayo/mustard/avocado spreads for all sandwiches, so there are a lot of crumbs in there. I learned this kind of the hard way the other day when I ordered a sandwich with dijon mustard instead of my usual italian dressing. That said, I eat there about 3 times a week and that's the ONLY time I've gotten sick there, and it was basically my fault for not thinking about the sauce issue.

Another bonus? Their delivery is ridiculously fast. They have delivery guys on bikers that just ride all around the neighborhood with people's orders. I get my stuff on an average of about 15 minutes if I decide I'm too lazy to walk over for food.

Liz

GLUTEN FREE 06/13/07

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Oh that's awesome!! I miss Jimmy John's! I had one when I was in college, but after moving to Florida, I haven't seen any. I'll keep this in mind when I go visit people!! Thanks!

Katie

Gluten free since July 2005

Lactose Free since 1994

Soy free since May 2007

Dairy free since September 2007

Hypothyroid & Hashimoto

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter