Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueeyedmanda

Finger Lakes New York

Hi Everyone.

We had to change our honeymoon plans last minute so instead of going to Cape May, we are going to go the Finger Lakes New York. Has anyone traveled there/lives there? Any experience gluten free dining or stores.

Thanks Everyone!

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

The Finger Lakes is a big region. Until a year ago, my parents had a property south of Canadaigua. The Wegmans store in town was always a great source. This part of NY is Wegmans' home turf, so there should be a store not too far from wherever you are.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Join eNewsletter

The Finger Lakes is a big region. Until a year ago, my parents had a property south of Canadaigua. The Wegmans store in town was always a great source. This part of NY is Wegmans' home turf, so there should be a store not too far from wherever you are.

Gotta love that store! I know ours is always packed.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Join eNewsletter

Do you already have plans on where you will stay? I stayed at the Glenora Winery and it was great- They have a nice Inn (more like a small hotel), a winery with tours, a restaurant. I stayed there pre-celiac- but the restaurant and everyone was very nice. It is very beautiful- although getting cold here!!!

glenora winery and inn

I will be contacting them tomorow to ask about gluten-free options (for myself too, as I live nearby). I'll let you know if they get back to me or I find anything out.

Do check the other thread though- there are many great places throughout the entire region- unless you have narrowed down where/when you'l be staying yet- then I could give you more specifics.

Julie

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter