Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oyea

Do These Ingredients Contain Gluten?

Hello!

A couple questions:

1. Does oat bran contain gluten?

2. My leave-on spray hair conditioner contains hydrolized wheat protein. Does this contain gluten? If so, could this be a problem if it's only going on my hair? Really unsure on this one...

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Some research seems to indicate that oats that are guaranteed free of contamination with other grains might be tolerated by some people who react to gluten...these type of oats or oat products are hard to find and expensive. Lots of people react to the protein in any oats. I tried eating flatbread made with oat flour and it made me sick. You might want to read up on oats and be very careful about trying them.

The hair spray with hydrolized wheat protein would be a problem if it gets into your body...in the process of spraying, if some got into your mouth, or somehow you swallowed inhaled particles, or in the process of washing/rinsing your hair, you swallowed some of it...then you could have problems.

I avoid gluten-containing hair products because I've found it is absolutely impossible for me to wash or rinse my hair without getting some product in my mouth. Some others have reported they use those products without any harm. I personally feel safer just avoiding gluten in any form, in every part of my life. There are varying opinions about this, though.

Join eNewsletter

I would not use them. The hair spray with wheat in it, could irritate any skin it comes into contact with.

The oat bran, oats usually are contaminated so unless they are "gluten free" oats, I would not touch them.

Hope this helps :)

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter