Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

spaz_bubble

Is Nausea A Symptom Of Celiac?

Rate this topic

On 11/18/2019 at 10:36 AM, Maggyanne said:

Has anyone else on here had raised amylase on the FBC.   My doctor told me mine was slightly raised, initially pointing to a problem with the pancreas. 

Not that I know of for me at least.  This link talks about it and lists several possible causes.  One of them is gastrointestinal or digestive symptoms.  So it sure sounds like a person with celiac could have high amylase levels.

***********************************************************************************

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324521.php#how-to-prepare

Other conditions and factors that can affect amylase levels in the blood may include:

• gallbladder attacks
  • pancreatic cysts or sores
  • gastrointestinal or digestive problems
  • kidney problems
  • having had a recent kidney transplant
  • appendicitis
  • mumps, which is an infection of the salivary glands
  • diabetic ketoacidosis
  • eating disorders
  • pregnancy
  • some medications
***********************************************************************************

On 11/18/2019 at 9:36 AM, Maggyanne said:

Has anyone else on here had raised amylase on the FBC.   My doctor told me mine was slightly raised, initially pointing to a problem with the pancreas. 

MaggyAnne,

If this doesn't answer your question...you might want to start a new thread...I did not have your problem....mine was elevated liver enzymes...but I was curious of what if any research there was on this topic...though apparently not as common as elevated liver enzymes....(my liver enzymes went down after going gluten free) .... but elevated amylase can happen.... here is the research on it...I hope this is helpful but it is not medical advice. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11316153

Posterboy,