This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Are You Serious

bakingbarb

VioletBlue Contributor

I so understand the frustration of not being able to bake certain things. I was perfecting my baguette technique when I was diagnosed. I'd been perfecting it for a couple years. I was getting good at it. Now it's really a moot point. Trying to bake a loaf of bread now would require 8 to 12 different ingredients what with different flours and conditioners and what not, and it still wouldn't begin to approach the taste and most importantly the texture of a baguette made with wheat flour. I don't see the point in even trying. So yeah, I understand. I don't know what to tell you about the cafe, except that maybe with time you'll find a way to morph that dream into something a little different. If you have the time, let it sit on the back burner and percolate for awhile and perhaps you'll find a new way to approach it that you can be excited about.

When I was diagnosed last December I took it one day at a time. I replaced non-stick pans and skillets when I was ready and psychologically able to. Had I tried to do everything at once I would have been a basket case. Getting rid of my rolling pin and wooden spoons was SO HARD. It was months before I could do that. They were like old friends and I grieved their loss. I replaced them when I was ready to and not on anyone else's time table but my own. Did that delay healing? I don't know. I choose to sort of prioritize things. I cleaned out the pantry and frig when I was ready. I replaced bake ware and such when I was ready. I guess I choose my emotional health over my physical health, but truly, initially I was psychologically just as fragile as I was physically.

Do the best you can do at this moment and let the rest wait for tomorrow.

Violet

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

donna mae Rookie
Of course this is still very new for me and I still struggle with the whole thing and it's impact on my life. I have adjusted to thinking before I eat anything and my baking is still minimal. My name is bakingbarb and this isn't helping any. I am angry at life for this one, sorta. I feel better and I never ever forget that. But here is the thing and it is two different but related things....

My goal in life has always been to open a cafe, not a gluten free cafe. Yes I know there are gluten-free cafes but lets face it, that wasn't my goal. There are pastries that I have always made that cannot be made gluten free, it just isn't going to happen.

So on one hand I am ever thankful that I found out about this and for once I actually feel so much better (although I am still a bit tired and know that total healing isn't overnight), but on the other hand it is bittersweet.

Second thing is I keep reading on here, wooden spoons, cast iron skillets, new cookware. ARE YOU SERIOUS. Can you please explain to me with proof why on earth I would need to replace a cast iron skillet. There are ways to clean the damn things so that nothing is left on them and I find it hard to believe there is any flour in the cervices. So where is the proof because if you think the above stuff annoyed me this one really gets me. I require facts here and I am not seeing any. I guess why this gets me annoyed is because it is some what like getting a crowd worked up over something with half truth. You need to retire your cookware because you can get cc's. Really, prove it too me please.

Not trying to be argumentive, you can ask anyone that knows anything about me this is how I treat any food "fact".

Hi Barb,

I'm also new to all this too...diagnosed Sept 2007.

Haven't heard anything about cast iron skillets....wow

I belong to the Canadian Celiac Association. www.celiac.ca

Here's what they write about cross contamination:

1. use own butter dish/cutting board for gluten free foods only.

2. use your own toaster

3. set aside a section of the counter for repairing gluten free foods only. (washed freshly)

4. do your gluten free baking first. (be careful of flour in the air.)

NOTE : Although this doesn't fall into the cross contamination area, it is worth noting that a Celiac should take precautions against breathing in flour dust when using other than gluten free flours.

Flour dust that settles on the nasal passages may eventually get swallowed and end up being digested.

5. use clean utensils and avoid "double dipping" Celiac should should have their own jar of jam, peanut butter, msutard butter, etc.

6. make sure any pots, utensils etc. that are used for other foods are thoroughly scrubbed before using for gluten free foods. In the case of something like muffin tins, paper liners may be worthwhile consideration.

7. It's best to have separate set of utensils with porous surfaces, such as wooden spoons, for your gluten free baking. These utensils might retain some gluten particles after cleaning.

These are just a few suggestions that they make that you might find helpful.

I myself have not heard anything about an iron skillet....but if you do find out I would love to know as I am still learning every day.

My doctor advised me that "anything that goes on or in your body" you should research.

Even play dough, make up, soap for washing your dishes....I'm sure you get my drift, I could go on forever. He said it like the birth control patch, or the smokers patch that gets absorbed into your skin, it does not only have to be digested.

I wish you all the best with your goal, weather it's gluten free or not, I'm sure if it is your passion, you will succed at it.

I do wish that there was a gluten free cafe near my home....lol

Stay healthy Bakingbarb

Donna Mae,

lonewolf Collaborator
Baking Barb IS from the Pacific Northwest, from her location profile. So, Lonewolf, maybe we'll get lucky and she'll start a bakery in/near Seattle!

Yep, you are quite right! My mouth is watering at the thought! I'm thinking Tacoma/Federal Way would be the best place for her to open it.

PeggyV Apprentice
You guys/gals are the best. I was ranting really and worried that I would make someone upset.

I guess this whole thing I just am having a much harder time dealing then I thought I would.

I scrubbed my pots with steel wool, my cast iron I cleaned (salt, oil, burning sorta, it kills it all and keeps it seasoned).

I guess I pretty much know what my stuff cooked because I am the only one that really cooks. But it all seems so much that I just am losing my mind over some of this.

The pastry part, :( It is all I ever wanted to do and I was planning for the next five years and that was in the plans. I was reminded of it this week and it sent me in a spin. I sell cheesecakes and make other pastries for what ever the occasion. My friends know I want to own a cafe so we were having a conversation about where I should do it at. I pointed out that I wasn't sure I wanted to bake for other people any more since I can't eat it and I didn't know if a gluten-free cafe would be a hit in the area. Of course area is subjective. So they pointed out some of my pastries that are favs and said I should do it anways. I honestly miss baking this type of stuff. It is in my heart and soul. Yes I am sure I could do a gluten-free cafe but my heart and soul isn't there yet.

So I am way down over this and then I started reading, get rid of this and that and it was like wow.

It has ruined my eating out with my best friend (my other half) and he is having a hard time also because it was what we did. Check out other peoples cafes and small time brewers and small cafes and resturants. We have thing on myspace just about traveling and eating out (although I get lazy and let it slide). We have a friend that has a small brewery, what do I do now, never go see him? The air is thick with the smell of grain there. :( We only get to see him there because he works so much and it is atmosphere too. So this is affecting a lot more then just my physical health. I cried again today because of this. ARGH I am not a cryer normally. I am trying to lol as much as possible because that helps.

You can make great Gluten free cheese cakes. I just dont put on the crust, use a regular recipie and substitute the small amount of flour with gluten free mix. Bake... really good.

1965kid Apprentice

Dang-it! :(

This is really hard.

lonewolf Collaborator
You can make great Gluten free cheese cakes. I just dont put on the crust, use a regular recipie and substitute the small amount of flour with gluten free mix. Bake... really good.

A gluten-free crust is really easy. Use gluten-free ginger snaps (Mi-Del or Trader Joe's) or Pamela's ginger cookies (dried first) and make just like a graham cracker crust. Or make a nut crust. Really, it isn't that hard! (The hard part is not being able to eat the cheesecake because of the cheese... :( )

pickles1 Newbie

I'm also struggling with the idea of treating gluten as a poison and replacing all my pots pans utensils chopping boards colander etc et etc. At the moment I'm saving every spare penny to get overseas early next year, and I just dont want to replace it all! Also I mentioned it to my housemate and he was saying "pfft cmon its not poison". And then I was like "umm actually to me it kinda is". It's hard for people to understand cos I wasnt sick before, my only symptom was low iron. So now I'm trying to bring in all these hardcore changes and they're saying but it cant be that bad you were never sick.

The other thing is, even if I do buy all new utensils and pots and pans, can I still wash them in the same sink as his glutenous plates and pots? Do I have to use a different sponge?

How do I know how sensitive I will get? I seem to be getting more and more sensitive as I cut out more hidden gluten (now in week 6 of gluten free life, still learning), how far will it go? And if I'm still getting residual gluten from my cookingware but its not actually making me feel sick, how do I tell if it is hurting my villi?

I'm just scared that when the day comes that I want to have kids, I'll have real trouble with it and I'll look back and think "I should have tried harder". I don't want to blame myself if I have a miscarriage.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

donna mae Rookie
I'm also struggling with the idea of treating gluten as a poison and replacing all my pots pans utensils chopping boards colander etc et etc. At the moment I'm saving every spare penny to get overseas early next year, and I just dont want to replace it all! Also I mentioned it to my housemate and he was saying "pfft cmon its not poison". And then I was like "umm actually to me it kinda is". It's hard for people to understand cos I wasnt sick before, my only symptom was low iron. So now I'm trying to bring in all these hardcore changes and they're saying but it cant be that bad you were never sick.

The other thing is, even if I do buy all new utensils and pots and pans, can I still wash them in the same sink as his glutenous plates and pots? Do I have to use a different sponge?

How do I know how sensitive I will get? I seem to be getting more and more sensitive as I cut out more hidden gluten (now in week 6 of gluten free life, still learning), how far will it go? And if I'm still getting residual gluten from my cookingware but its not actually making me feel sick, how do I tell if it is hurting my villi?

I'm just scared that when the day comes that I want to have kids, I'll have real trouble with it and I'll look back and think "I should have tried harder". I don't want to blame myself if I have a miscarriage.

I know how you feel, each day I seem to have a new sensitivity to something else. I've thrown out all my shampoos, makeup, and I now can't even dye my hair, (which is killing me )

My doctor told me it's the "cleaning out " part that takes time.

I have to go back in one year to re-do my biopsy, to see how things are coming along.

I was told it's the only way to really tell if any hidden gluten is getting into your body.

As for the sponge thing, I use a separate one, and I'm getting to the point that nothing that has gluten in it comes into our house.

I thinks it's just the safest way to be.

My two kids have Celiac and my husband doesn't, so he is getting his goodies outside the house during the day, and going gluten free when he walks throught the door.

It's good to have the support, from the ones around you.

Is anyone else going gluten free in their entire house.?

It just seems to be so much easier.

It is difficult at first to get people to understand, try leaving books out for your friends to read.

We do have to educate the public, by talking about Celiac...

My daughter is away at school, and is having the same problems, getting her room-mates to believe her. So my heart goes out to you.

Hang in there, it will get better.

Have you heard of silent celiac- where you don't have to have any symptoms?

Here's a great book "Gluten-Free Diet" by Shelley Case (dietitian) it's packed with great info.

I've bought one for all my family members, so they can read it on their own....just a suggestion

Good Luck - keep well

Donna Mae

bakingbarb Enthusiast
I so understand the frustration of not being able to bake certain things. I was perfecting my baguette technique when I was diagnosed. I'd been perfecting it for a couple years. I was getting good at it. Now it's really a moot point. Trying to bake a loaf of bread now would require 8 to 12 different ingredients what with different flours and conditioners and what not, and it still wouldn't begin to approach the taste and most importantly the texture of a baguette made with wheat flour. I don't see the point in even trying. So yeah, I understand. I don't know what to tell you about the cafe, except that maybe with time you'll find a way to morph that dream into something a little different. If you have the time, let it sit on the back burner and percolate for awhile and perhaps you'll find a new way to approach it that you can be excited about.

When I was diagnosed last December I took it one day at a time. I replaced non-stick pans and skillets when I was ready and psychologically able to. Had I tried to do everything at once I would have been a basket case. Getting rid of my rolling pin and wooden spoons was SO HARD. It was months before I could do that. They were like old friends and I grieved their loss. I replaced them when I was ready to and not on anyone else's time table but my own. Did that delay healing? I don't know. I choose to sort of prioritize things. I cleaned out the pantry and frig when I was ready. I replaced bake ware and such when I was ready. I guess I choose my emotional health over my physical health, but truly, initially I was psychologically just as fragile as I was physically.

Do the best you can do at this moment and let the rest wait for tomorrow.

Violet

Yes I have this pastry it is my signature item. SIGH it was perfect I will eventually find out if I can bake anything like it. The bread I made so far was ugh so I turned it into bread crumbs.

Thank you for telling me how you handled things, when you were ready. It is overwhelming at first so really one thing at a time. I saw how one person said they ate all they wanted over the weekend before they went gluten-free. I think that was a good way of saying goodbye.

Yes I do live in the Puget sound area, north a bit.

I will be making cheesecake next week. I will also figure out the gluten-free crust. My son bought gluten-free choc chip cookies that were quite bland and those would work fine but I will adjust them for flavor cause uck! The gingersnaps at least tasted like ginger!

I always thought it was the cream cheese/dairy making me sick :angry: I find I can have small amounts now. Making cheesecakes and not eating them wasn't happening for me!

I have an order for mini cheesecakes for Dec but they are not gluten-free. What they are is a lot of work. I hate doing the mini but if it can bring me more biz I am fine with it.

Thank you everyone. I know this will get easier day by day. There are some days that it just doesn't seem possible and then other days are full of hope. Plus I have always had a saying, it could always be worse. When the weather is bad I say, it could be worse we could live in Alaska (been there done that brrrr). So now I need to say it could be worse, I could.....

bakingbarb Enthusiast

Oh and you said rolling pins. Holy heck I never thought of those. But one is a family passed down for generations, I don't use it anymore it is on stash. One is marble and can be washed quite well and taken apart, a gift from my oldest son. I will try to clean it with the understanding that it might not work and I might not be able to use it again. But since it was a gift it will stay on display like it is now. I can always get a new one and put it away until I need it.

YIKES I never would have thought of them. :huh:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Barb - try this recipe - many of us, including myself, have had GREAT success with this nice, soft yummy bread:

Open Original Shared Link

also - a confession: :ph34r:

I am using the SAME wooden spoons that I've always used. No problems whatsoever. And for the first year, if I would have a SPECK of gluten, I would lose most of the night to insomnia and at least half the next day, violently sick and forced to stay in...but never sick from the spoons,colander, etc...

there are just a lot of different opinions and reactions to these sorts of things - it's kind of just trial and error for a while.

:)

VioletBlue Contributor

Hmmm, you gave me an idea. I bought these packaged chocolate "cookie bars" that are gluten free at the Organic store last week. The mouth texture is absolutely TERRIBLE though the taste is good BUT, if I dry them and crumble them I bet they'd be perfect for the crust of a cheesecake. I have this lovely pumpkin cheese cake recipe and a couple small pumpkins left over, but I was stuck for a crust. I'm not fond of ginger snaps, and it really needs a chocolate crest anyway. I used to use chocolate grahm crackers mixed with coccoa. Thanks.

Wish I'd thought of the last hurrah concept. <_<

Yes I have this pastry it is my signature item. SIGH it was perfect I will eventually find out if I can bake anything like it. The bread I made so far was ugh so I turned it into bread crumbs.

Thank you for telling me how you handled things, when you were ready. It is overwhelming at first so really one thing at a time. I saw how one person said they ate all they wanted over the weekend before they went gluten-free. I think that was a good way of saying goodbye.

Yes I do live in the Puget sound area, north a bit.

I will be making cheesecake next week. I will also figure out the gluten-free crust. My son bought gluten-free choc chip cookies that were quite bland and those would work fine but I will adjust them for flavor cause uck! The gingersnaps at least tasted like ginger!

I always thought it was the cream cheese/dairy making me sick :angry: I find I can have small amounts now. Making cheesecakes and not eating them wasn't happening for me!

I have an order for mini cheesecakes for Dec but they are not gluten-free. What they are is a lot of work. I hate doing the mini but if it can bring me more biz I am fine with it.

Thank you everyone. I know this will get easier day by day. There are some days that it just doesn't seem possible and then other days are full of hope. Plus I have always had a saying, it could always be worse. When the weather is bad I say, it could be worse we could live in Alaska (been there done that brrrr). So now I need to say it could be worse, I could.....

bakingbarb Enthusiast
Hmmm, you gave me an idea. I bought these packaged chocolate "cookie bars" that are gluten free at the Organic store last week. The mouth texture is absolutely TERRIBLE though the taste is good BUT, if I dry them and crumble them I bet they'd be perfect for the crust of a cheesecake. I have this lovely pumpkin cheese cake recipe and a couple small pumpkins left over, but I was stuck for a crust. I'm not fond of ginger snaps, and it really needs a chocolate crest anyway. I used to use chocolate grahm crackers mixed with coccoa. Thanks.

Wish I'd thought of the last hurrah concept. <_<

Pumpkin and chocolate is sooo good togethor. This friend used to make pumpkin choc chip cookies. YUMMMMMMM

loco-ladi Contributor

Well, I seem to have forgotten to replace my old rolling pin and today I feel like crap, its a wooden one and I made pizza so........ since I have never before had this issue with my gluten-free pizza the only difference is this time I used my rolling pin, I had just found it in yet another box I had unpacked (no laughing but yes I am still unpacking boxes 2 1/2 months after I moved!) So onto the list goes my "next" favorite rolling pin and the old ones gets sent off to the charity box.....

OHHHHHH and I got my anniversary present from my family the other day too! a brand new set of stainless cookware, its not replacing everything I own but it did get rid of ALL the teflon I had in the house, just getting to paranoid about it lately.....

and speaking of paranoid....... my "inlaws" arrive today and my F-I-L loves these doughnut things from this one special place and my hubby bought him like 3 dozen...... right after I tell him about this paranoia I have been having which I will deal with him after the guests leave but he forgets the checkbook and I have to walk into the dang bakery........ OMG! I think he finally got it tho, I walked to the door stood there for like 3 minutes he turns and sees me so I unfreeze and open the door and take a deep breath and walk in... throw the checkbook at him and all but run outta there.... When he comes outside he asks why I didnt stay..... I again explained about the paranoia and think it dawned on him what I finally meant... the doughnut thingies for the F-I-L are in the garage :D

Going to have to change my names meaning from loco "motive" to loco "nuts" :blink:

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
Well, I seem to have forgotten to replace my old rolling pin and today I feel like crap, its a wooden one and I made pizza so........ since I have never before had this issue with my gluten-free pizza the only difference is this time I used my rolling pin, I had just found it in yet another box I had unpacked (no laughing but yes I am still unpacking boxes 2 1/2 months after I moved!) So onto the list goes my "next" favorite rolling pin and the old ones gets sent off to the charity box.....

Hey, I'm not laughing, I still have boxes from moving in two years ago. guess I don't really NEEEED anything in there, huh? Dang those crawlspaces!

VioletBlue Contributor

Oh poop.

Just had a bad thought. I moved two and a half years ago. There's a box of display china and "stuff" unopened in the closet. I have no where to display the china so I simply didn't open the box and left it for that magical day when I buy the china cabinet of my dreams. Now you've got me wondering what else is in that box. You know how moving is, you can't remember what's in a box two minutes after you seal it shut, let alone by the time you move it into the new house..

On the other hand, it's been there two and a half years. Does gluten have a shelf life :o

hershey Newbie
On the other hand, it's been there two and a half years. Does gluten have a shelf life

No, unfortunately :( My son got very sick eating from his camping mess kit which he hadn't used in over two years. But it probably hadn't been washed very well, either.

I've done a lot of gluten-free baking- cheesecakes are a breeze. An almond meal crust is great or I save the crumbs from any gluten-free cookies and hoard them in a jar until I have enough for a crumb crust. I've made a lot of bread puddings out of not-so-great breads, but I've also made some great breads using the three and four flour recipes in The Gluten Free Baker Bakes Bread.

There is a gluten-free bakery in Philadelphia that people drive miles to get to. I think a gluten-free cafe could be a great success!

I've been lucky that my husband is willing to live gluten free at home. My son gets horribly sick, and I get somewhat sick. I can't imagine how hard it would be to live and cook in a non gluten-free household.

Keep trying baking- there are some great recipes out there and experimentation is fun :)

Mango04 Enthusiast
Pumpkin and chocolate is sooo good togethor. This friend used to make pumpkin choc chip cookies. YUMMMMMMM

Thanks for the idea. I think I'm gonna make some pumpkin choc chip cookies this weekend. I found a recipe on recipezaar...I think I'll just sub Arrowhead Mills baking mix for the flour and see how it works :D

bakingbarb Enthusiast
Barb - try this recipe - many of us, including myself, have had GREAT success with this nice, soft yummy bread:

Open Original Shared Link

also - a confession: :ph34r:

I am using the SAME wooden spoons that I've always used. No problems whatsoever. And for the first year, if I would have a SPECK of gluten, I would lose most of the night to insomnia and at least half the next day, violently sick and forced to stay in...but never sick from the spoons,colander, etc...

there are just a lot of different opinions and reactions to these sorts of things - it's kind of just trial and error for a while.

:)

OH OH OH I made the bread I made the bread

Ok I admit it I tweaked with the recipe a bit and kinda combined it with another books recipe. I had a flour mixed up from a book but the recipes were similar so I played. The basics I left alone, how much flour etc but I used both sugar and honey. Just little things like that.

So it tastes great, looks great. YIPEEEEEE :lol: although I was distracted and I let it rise a tiny bit too much which made it sink a tiny bit BUT I don't care its la la la la la wonderful.

Ate out tho for dinner and ugh that was a mistake. Ah well I have bread. :rolleyes::D:P

Carol the Dabbler Apprentice
I didn't believe it either at first. I thought it was too extreme. Until I made my baby sick with a stupid wooden spatula. She's a total creature of habit and has to eat the same things for every meal so there were no other variables. The day I used the wooden spatula for her eggs is the day she got sick.

Had you also been using that spatula for cooking with gluten? Or had it been a dedicated gluten-free spatula for a while? And do you know what kind of wood it's made from? My favorite utensil in the whole world is a particular olive-wood spatula that I would hate to give up, though I certainly will if I need to. I'm thinking that the olive wood is relatively smooth and hard (compared to some wooden spoons that I have), so might be easier to get really, really clean. Has anyone tried sanding their wooden spoons?

... if I do buy all new utensils and pots and pans, can I still wash them in the same sink as his glutenous plates and pots? Do I have to use a different sponge?

There's a celiac blogger named Melissa Jones on the Blood Type Diet website (www.dadamo.com) who reported getting very sick recently, even though she hadn't done anything different. She finally figured out that a friend who had helped her wash the dishes had used the same sponge to wash first a lasagna pan (where the noodles were the regular gluten type) and then Melissa's favorite cast-iron skillet. The next time she used the skillet was when she got sick.

Wheat-Free (gluten "lite"), Soy-Free, Dairy-Free (okay, I cheat with butter) since 1996. Tried introducing spelt in 2003 with disastrous results. Egg-Free for 10-1/2 years, now can use them in baking.

I noticed this in your signature. If you don't have much of a problem when you "cheat with butter," but you would like an even safer alternative, try ghee. It's just butter that's been "clarified" (cooked until the milk solids drop to the bottom and/or foam to the top, where they can be removed). As long as you don't get the slightest bit of water in it (use a clean spoon and scoop out what you need all at once, don't "double dip"), it's shelf-stable for months at room temperature. It's popular in India, so you can find it in Asian markets. But my favorite brand is Purity Farms, which is made from organic butter and sold in health-food stores.

buffettbride Enthusiast

When my daughter was dx'd we made the house 99% gluten free and did replace our wooden utensils, but not our plastic ones. I cleaned them like mad, though. If I were having a gluten and gluten-free house I probably would have completely separate utensils for her meals and a few separate cooking pans.

My pans were relatively new (got them for xmas last year) and she was dx'd in May so I gave them all a thorough cleaning. Since then, no gluten has touched them. We have never had any problems with a CC reaction because of something in our kitchen.

lonewolf Collaborator
If you don't have much of a problem when you "cheat with butter," but you would like an even safer alternative, try ghee. It's just butter that's been "clarified" (cooked until the milk solids drop to the bottom and/or foam to the top, where they can be removed). As long as you don't get the slightest bit of water in it (use a clean spoon and scoop out what you need all at once, don't "double dip"), it's shelf-stable for months at room temperature. It's popular in India, so you can find it in Asian markets. But my favorite brand is Purity Farms, which is made from organic butter and sold in health-food stores.

I've made ghee before and think I bought it once. I bake as much as possible with Spectrum Shortening and just cheat occasionally with the butter. Is the ghee cheaper in Asian markets?

Carol the Dabbler Apprentice
I've made ghee before and think I bought it once. I bake as much as possible with Spectrum Shortening and just cheat occasionally with the butter. Is the ghee cheaper in Asian markets?

Probably. But if you use it only occasionally, a small jar would last you a long time, so it wouldn't amount to much money in either case.

Archived