Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Motorboater

Kozy Shack Rice And Tapioca Puddings Are Ok....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

They have other flavors that are gluten free too, they have a flan that says gluten free that I have not tried yet, but it looks really yummy and their chocolate pudding is also gluten-free and delicious! I have seen kozy shack at walmart and safeway (our local grocery store) so I think it is actually pretty easy to find.

Join eNewsletter

Love Kozy Shack! I used to buy banana pudding & fill my Twinkies with that but our whole foods stopped selling that flavor.... just like the old time banana twinkies...

They have a limited edition out now "pumpkin" so I made cream puffs & filled them with the pudding. YUMMY.....

mamaw

Join eNewsletter

Love Kozy Shack! I used to buy banana pudding & fill my Twinkies with that but our whole foods stopped selling that flavor.... just like the old time banana twinkies...

They have a limited edition out now "pumpkin" so I made cream puffs & filled them with the pudding. YUMMY.....

mamaw

Oh my god cream puffs. Please please please share the recipe? Although I'm sure you already have a million times?

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Join eNewsletter

Celiac Specialties (an internet gluten-free food retailer) sells cream puff shells. Here's the link:

http://www.celiacspecialtiesshop.com/index1.html

Susanna

Diagnosed in March 2006 by blood test and biopsy. Eleven year old son diagnosed in May 2006. Both gluten-free since diagnosis.

The Susanna (Flagstaff, AZ)

"I GOTTA have more cowbell!."

--The legendary Bruce Dickenson

Join eNewsletter

Betty Hageman's cream puff recipe:

1.c. water

1/2 c. shortening

1/2 c. potato starch flour

2/3 c. rice flour

1/2 tsp. salt

1 tbsp. sugar

4 eggs

preheat oven 450 degrees. Grease cookie sheet. Combine water & shortening in large saucepan. Bring to a rapid boil. Mix flours, salt, & sugar & add to water & shortening. Stir until mixture forms a ball that leaves the side of the pan. Remove from heat & cool slightly.

Add unbeaten eggs, one at a time, beating well with electric mixer after each egg is added.

Drop by tbsp. onto cookie sheets. The puffs should be approx. 2 inches round & about 1 1/2 inches high. Leave space fro them to expand.

Bake 450 for 20 minutes. Remove from oven & prick with a knife to let steam escape. serve cold. Fill with your favorite filling....

I used Kozy Shack Pumpkin pudding this time.

enjoy!

mamaw

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter