Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jasonD2

Texas Roadhouse Question

I had a business lunch today at texas roadhouse - i had steak kabobs, a side of rice and vegetables - is there a chance this couldve contained gluten?

Endoscopy & blood panel all negative 12/09 after being strict w/ gluten free diet

As of 8/09 - Candida Overgrowth, C.difficile overgrowth, elevated fecal anti-gliadin, elevated putrefactive SCFA's

Developed severe lactose intolerance, IBS and food sensitivities in 02 after contracting Giardia from a river in Oregon

Had negative celiac blood work in 02

Elevated stool anti-gliadin Ab (21 with 10 being cutoff for normal) - 2008

Positive for DQ8- 2008

Tested high positive for egg, dairy, soy, ginger, mustard - 2008

Lactulose/Mannitol (leaky gut) test indicated slight intestinal permeability

Improved with gluten free diet but still have spastic constipation

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Texas Roadhouse used to have a gluten free menu. They no longer have one available.

Could there be gluten, yes. The steak may have been marinaded and there is a good chance of cross contamination.

....hope not though.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

I've found eating out at steakhouses to be some of the best experiences we've had. We (it is my daughter who is gluten-free) ask for a steak that is not marinated and just cooked w/ salt and pepper. Also, baked potatoes are usually a good substitute for a rice dish you might be unsure of. They are usually kept in a warmer and have little chance to come into contact with gluten. The veggie dishes are usually safe as well.

We haven't gone to TX Roadhouse, but we have eaten at Lone Star Steakhouse a few times with continued success as well.

Join eNewsletter

I had a business lunch today at texas roadhouse - i had steak kabobs, a side of rice and vegetables - is there a chance this couldve contained gluten?

I have a copy of their old (Jan 2006) gluten free menu, and here is an excerpt:

Hearty Steaks - Request that your meal be prepared w/o grill shortening

Sirloin Steak

Ft. Worth Ribeye

T-bone Steak

New York Strip

Dallas Fillet

Sirloin Kabob w/o seasoned rice

Filet Medallions w/o seasoned rice

Road Kill

Prime Rib

So this implies that the seasoned rice is not gluten-free, and the grill shortening that they would use to prepare all the steaks (unless you order without) is also not gluten-free.

Bev

Mom of Garrett - Mizzou freshman; diagnosed Jan 2005

Join eNewsletter

I have a copy of their old (Jan 2006) gluten free menu, and here is an excerpt:

Hearty Steaks - Request that your meal be prepared w/o grill shortening

Sirloin Steak

Ft. Worth Ribeye

T-bone Steak

New York Strip

Dallas Fillet

Sirloin Kabob w/o seasoned rice

Filet Medallions w/o seasoned rice

Road Kill

Prime Rib

So this implies that the seasoned rice is not gluten-free, and the grill shortening that they would use to prepare all the steaks (unless you order without) is also not gluten-free.

I called the corporate office a couple of weeks ago and was told that they "removed their gluten-free menu because they have changed some of their recipes, and encourage those who are gluten intolerant to NOT dine at Texas Roadhouse". If you want to call, their number is 1-800-TEX-ROAD

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005

Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter