Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ravenwoodglass

Schools For Naturopathy And Acupuncture?

My son had an epiphany of sorts a couple of months ago. I don't really understand how or why it happened but one night he had some kind of an experience that seems to have changed him totally. I was actually worried at first because it just didn't seem I was talking to my boy. He is so bright, peaceful and full of hope for his future. He has even asked some girls out! Something my Aspie son has never been able to do. Anyway we talked at length yesterday and he wants to check out chinese medicine, naturopathy and acupuncture. He plans on moving back to NY and returning to college either online or in conventional classes. Online would work well for him for naturopathy if there are any good schools as he was blessed with an incredible sponge for a brain and learns much faster than conventional classes move. Does anyone know of any good ones? There are so many that give rather 'bogus' degrees that are actually more like paying for permission to sell a companies products that I was hoping perhaps someone here might have some knowledge of a good one.

PS He also is looking for a buddhist temple or a place where he can learn about Buddhism from the monks? Are there any of these in the US?

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm not sure about the monk aspect but my friend went to Bastyr it is located in WA state and is supposed to be one of the best in the country. I realize it isn't in NY. She went over to China to study for 6 weeks also at some point through the school. She is a nutritionist and acupuncturist.

I can vouch for it, acupuncture really does work. Here is there web site.

http://www.bastyr.edu/

Join eNewsletter

I'm not sure about the monk aspect but my friend went to Bastyr it is located in WA state and is supposed to be one of the best in the country. I realize it isn't in NY. She went over to China to study for 6 weeks also at some point through the school. She is a nutritionist and acupuncturist.

I can vouch for it, acupuncture really does work. Here is there web site.

http://www.bastyr.edu/

Thanks for the link, I am a firm believer in acupuncture myself. It helped me a lot prediagnosis.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter