Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happygirl

Rustico-alexandria, Virginia

We had a wonderful evening at Rustico this weekend. http://www.rusticorestaurant.com/ They serve gluten free pizza in Alexandria, Virginia (outside of Washington, DC)

They are fully aware of cross-contamination issues-I discussed it with the manager before we went.

All of their pizzas can be ordered with a gluten free crust (chickpea). It even says it on the menu!

We had their stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer. We ordered two pizzas...the pepperoni and the fresh mozzarella/basil. Both were delicious. I hadn't eaten a pizza at a restaurant in over 3 years. It was absolutely delicious!!!!!!!! Flourless chocolate cake for dessert.

The wait staff was very knowledgable and attentive to the gluten free needs. I had a couple questions about ingredients and preparation. I asked the reason why they have the gluten-free options and she said their customers had requested it, so their chef came up with a crust.

An absolutely great, great, great, great evening. I'm extremely sensitive and didn't get sick, so they were very, very careful. We were both truly impressed (a gluten eating and a non-gluten eating person both enjoyed the pizza!) I highly recommend it.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We had a wonderful evening at Rustico this weekend. http://www.rusticorestaurant.com/ They serve gluten free pizza in Alexandria, Virginia (outside of Washington, DC)

They are fully aware of cross-contamination issues-I discussed it with the manager before we went.

All of their pizzas can be ordered with a gluten free crust (chickpea). It even says it on the menu!

We had their stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer. We ordered two pizzas...the pepperoni and the fresh mozzarella/basil. Both were delicious. I hadn't eaten a pizza at a restaurant in over 3 years. It was absolutely delicious!!!!!!!! Flourless chocolate cake for dessert.

The wait staff was very knowledgable and attentive to the gluten free needs. I had a couple questions about ingredients and preparation. I asked the reason why they have the gluten-free options and she said their customers had requested it, so their chef came up with a crust.

An absolutely great, great, great, great evening. I'm extremely sensitive and didn't get sick, so they were very, very careful. We were both truly impressed (a gluten eating and a non-gluten eating person both enjoyed the pizza!) I highly recommend it.

I have really wanted to go try! Did you ask them to cook in a special part of their oven? How did they prepare it?

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter