Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bookbabie

Gluten-free Cheesecake Yum!

I adapted a recipe for cheesecake to make it gluten-free for my book club and it was out of this world good. I'm not even the biggest cheesecake fan, but I wanted to make something that I could eat with my friends, but that wouldn't obviously be gluten-free (and not as good as the "normal people" recipe). Anyway, it turned out better than I could have imagined and several ladies wanted the recipe. I put a picture of it along with the recipe on my blog if you're interested. I'm planning to make it for Thanksgiving along with the old pumpkin pie standby. Anyone have a good pie crust mix? I haven't had pumpkin pie in ages :(

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

wow this looks amazing! i love how fluffy the filling looks! now to find some gluten-free vanilla wafers. i actually think i saw a recipe in a cookbook i just got for my b-day. will have to try it out!!!

as far as crusts go, here's my absolute favorite!! any recipe i try by these girls is a sure winner!

http://www.eatingglutenfree.com/recipes_desserts/#piecrust

i've made blackberry cobbler, apple pie, and a dutch apple pumpkin pie w/ this crust. yum!

edit: here's the featherlight mix they mention in the recipe: http://www.eatingglutenfree.com/gluten_fre...s/#featherlight

i keep it in a big tupperware and use it for everything!!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

Join eNewsletter

Hi sweetfudge, thanks for the crust recipe! By the way, as I was looking at the cheesecake recipe on my blog I realized I should have had 1/2 cup butter, or one stick, not 1/4 cup. I doubled the original graham cracker amount, oops :rolleyes:

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter